We visited Thanet Well in April. We have visited many hoseasons lodges before and always been very impressed.
We booked a VIP lodge with a hot tub, it was more like a caravan.
Dated kitchen area
Some dirty pots
Should have catered for 6 people but some items only had 4 (eg- place mats)
Very uncomfortable beds and thin pillows and duvets
Not private as next 'lodge' is so close. Each one overlooking the next persons hot tub.
Hot tub was behind the 'lodge' in a tiny area??? Overlooking a farm with rusty tractors spreading manure
Glass next to the hot tun which my husband stood on and cut his foot
No nice views or nice walks
Young intimidating males walking around the park??
MILES from civilisation
Wifi is a scam
There is probably more.......
Good oven and microwave
Definitely try somewhere else if your expecting luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thanetwell Lodge is a beautiful self catering Scandinavian style wooden lodge situated in the heart of the Northern Lakes surrounded by unspoiled countryside and fantastic views. it is the ideal base for countryside pursuits or just somewhere to “get away from it all”... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Thanet Well Lodge Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thanetwell Hotel Greystoke
- Thanet Well Lodge Retreat Greystoke, Cumbria