“Steak Heaven”

The King William IV Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The steaks here are unbeatable, whether you go for a 200g or the massive 1.5kg they are always cooked to perfection with a portion of delicious home made chips.

1  Thank ScottMoss

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice cosy pub a little dated the meals are good quality and value, limiting if your a vegetarian as meats crawl the menue and no vegetable which I love when out for an evening meal.

1  Thank slater1984
Barry v, Owner at The King William IV Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

This is the first time I've responded to a review. People are entitled to their opinion.However since you mentioned something which is clearly incorrect and ultimately can effect my business I feel it import to point out your mistake.
Yes we do concentrate on meat,but there is a vegetarian option on the menu,and from time to time we do have vegetarians specials.
We have vegetarians who keep coming back,and believe me they don't have rump.
I hope I haven't offended you,but its always good to get your facts right when posting a review which can have a negative impact on the business you are reviewing.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best steaks I've ever had! I would definatly recommend eating here. The whole meal was fantastic and quick service too!

2  Thank harveylolamumma
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've never had a steak quite like it! Beautiful flavour and texture! The chips were proper chips! If we lived closer I'd definitely be visiting often, it was lovely. Friendly staff and wonderful food.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

You will find it very hard to better the steaks sold here as Barry, the South African owner is a complete expert at both preparing and cooking them. He uses rump which is both locally sourced and hung correctly to enhance the flavour and tenderness of it. He has several steak nights mid week where there is a discount too and these are perennially very popular. I would have given him full marks for the King Bill, but he does not seem to carry many wines (which I find a little strange!) ...but does have a great selection of real ales for the beer lovers! The pub was formally run by an ex RAF WW11 spitfire pilot, Charles Barrett and his wife Olive, who were wonderful characters from a bygone age.The pub is a quaint, traditional place in a lovely village setting about 30 minutes stroll from a quiet, sandy beach. This is probably one of the most beautiful, but under visited places in the Western Lakes.