“The Woolpack Inn”

The Woolpack Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Boot
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: On a small road between the Boot Inn and Hardknot pass.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

2/3 year olds eating in the main area at 9pm. Food was very average and the promised salad never appeared. Staff not very helpful - it all seemed like too much trouble.

1  Thank Ruth B

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely Sunday lunch that could not be faulted, the beef was succulent and tender. We especially loved the idea of old meets new decor.
Very cosy and friendly atmosphere and just what we needed on a rainy day.
Would recommend and would return.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Cycled here with my 7yo from fisherground. We had, calamari/whitebait starter to share, then I had the pig burger (pork patty, bacon, and black pud), my daughter had the kids fish bites and chips. These were delicious. The pub has a small play area, and a old piano in the garden for the kids to play on.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visited for lunch yesterday having travelled over the fells by car. This was the first pub we saw, and it looked nice from the outside so we thought we'd give it a go. The surroundings were pleasant and the staff were friendly. The drinks were great - a good variety of beers and real ales. Very unusually the 3 of us all opted for the same meal - Cumberland Sausage with Yorkshire Pudding, chips and gravy - it was the last day of our holiday so I guess we wanted our last taste of Cumbria. Having had amazing Cumberland Sausage from the village shop where we are staying we had high hopes but our hopes were dashed. Having now read the reviews I can see that what we got was what we should have expected - frozen McDonald's type fries, frozen tiny Yorkshire puddings and a disgusting excuse for Cumberland sausage. The only thing that was nice was the gravy. Basically, as they buy the sausage in, none of our meal was actually "cooked" on the premises - it was simply heated there, which is very different. I did tell the waitress that none us liked the sausage and she asked why. It was difficult to put my finger on it - but basically it was undercooked, colourless, tasteless and just cheap tasting ie not much meat, but full of other stuff I don't want to think about. This could have easily been a fantastic meal, if they had sourced the sausage elsewhere and served it in a giant homemade Yorkshire with some chunky chips. Instead it was tat. Within 5 minutes of leaving we passed 2 other pubs that looked lovely. I wish I had checked Trip Advisor before we left!

1  Thank Happy2Travel3
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a lovely walk along from the Caravan and Camping Club campsite at Boot in the rain. Visited here for lunch and were really surprised to find somewhere cosy and with a bit of a modern twist. The menu is nice and varied. The staff were really friendly and attentive. We would try this again.