“A Very Special Place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cartmel
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“A Very Special Place”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is just such a gorgeous hotel it has fabulous views over Cartmel. When you drive up it looks very impressive and the entrance way is just so English and beautifully decorated. Reception was so welcoming and took us to a gorgeous room. So large with a huge bathroom. It had all the little extras I love, fresh milk, high quality toiletries, beautiful crisp clean bedding so clean. We went for a walk before dinner - the walk was in a helpful folder with printed sheets in the bedroom. The walk was amazing straight out of the front door through the beautiful village of Cartmel and up onto the fellls with incredible views all round. We had delicious local beers in the bar before dinner it was such a gorgeous cosy room. Service was impeccable and so friendly. Small menu which I love and I was not let down every course was beautifully cooked. The wine list was excellent a varied choice and prices to suit all some hotels have poor choice and charge a fortune. We had coffee in a tasteful lounge with a roaring fire. Breakfast was as high quality as every thing else.

Room Tip: Room 12 was gorgeous
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just returned from another amazing weekend at Aynsome Manor Hotel for my husband's birthday.
The welcome is warm as are the wonderful log fires, the food is amazing and the choice is good. The hotel is a home from home to us now, we have been visiting for over 10 years, usually once or twice a year for a weekend in the winter. Cartmel village is lovely to wander around and the walks straight form the hotel are varied. The service you receive from Chris, Andrea and their team is fantastic and can't be beaten. The rooms are homely and very comfortable. Would highly recommend for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewshamL
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Just had a lovely weekend with good friends for a birthday celebration. Very comfortable room, great food from a nice menu with enough choice but not too much which I find makes life easier and lovely staff. Beautiful walking from the door. Very good value for money we will return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank koz50
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

A lovely hotel in a tranquil location but still within walking distance of Cartmel.
The rooms are tastefully furnished and very clean, the bed wasn't too comfortable but I was so relaxed I still slept very well.
The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The food is excellent ...and having some food allergies they were keen to help and serve up a very very tasty meal ...
All round a lovely hotel, can't wait to re visit.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Scubydoo
Burton-in-Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I suppose the novelty of having not to pay was different but I did choose this Hotel for my Birthday Treat. We decided to have lunch and as The Westmorland Gazette suggested, we booked a week in advance. A welcome from mine host plus a "hoppy" local bitter for me and my son and a soft lime and lemon for my my good lady wife, toasting our tootsies by the fire was enough to convince me we had "hit the spot!" Mine host and his ladies and gents did what we have all lost...........a sense of "as it should be" . Proper tables, wall paintings, decor from another era, clean glasses, linen, cutlery properly laid, water & wine in cutglass, ....need I go on?
The Lunch was a four course meal costing £17.95.

Starter was a choice.....( We recommend the Rissotto)
Soup ...............................delicious Veg.
Main.........Local Roast Pork/Ham/Pheasant.
Sweet .....Take your choice.

Lots of personal service and as this is a very small intimate hotel ...maximum 24.... I suggest one can't do better in Lakeland.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank willewalker
Glasgow
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We wanted somewhere special to eat when visiting Cartmel and Aynsome Manor was recommended. We were not disappointed. From the moment we set foot in the door the staff could not have been nicer. An apperitif was served to us in front of an open fire with a very knowledgable member of staff on hand. We were then shown into a lovely dining room where we were treated to a wonderful selection of food so very well cooked. All the staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us. We indeed felt very special. To top it all we were served coffee and petit fours back in the open fire lounge. I felt the meal was very reasonably priced at £23 for a two course. I know you can get "pub grub" cheaper but I haven't been served with such attention in a long, long time. I would hope to get back sometime to actually stay at Aynsome Manor as I can only imagine what wonderful breakfasts they must do.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mazrich
Preston
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I can honestly say this hotel was the best overall one night stay I have in the UK. We were greated by Chris, one of the owners who carried our bags to our room. The room at the top of the stairs had an amazing view across the countryside to Cartmel Priory. The lounges are stunning with open fires, so relaxing. We were offered dinner, but decided to drive into Cartmel to eat. The menu, though looked excellent and had vegetarian options. Upon return in the late evening we, along with other guests met up in the bar, discussing various issues we enjoyed wine, port and for me personally, 3 excellent single malts from a selection of 19. Chris again was the perfect host. We had a good sleep in the comfy bed and came down to a quality breakfast in a beautiful dining room. Chris and Ben were on hand again to offer first class friendly service. After breakfast Chris even offered to drive me into the village for my car. I chose to walk for the exercise. (15 mins).Thank you Chris, the owners and staff for making our short stay so special. I will recommend your hotel to my family and friends and it won't be too long before we return again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WMark444
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartmel
Uplands Hotel
#2 of 10 in Grange-over-Sands
Netherwood
Netherwood
#5 of 10 in Grange-over-Sands

Been to Aynsome Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!