“Great value”

Aynsome Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cartmel
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent stopping off point when travelling N or S. Genuinely friendly staff and clean rooms if a little on the small side. Meals can be inconsistent but breakfasts are excellent. Terrific value for money.

Room Tip: Check whether the end suite is a shower or bath. Also the size of the bed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aynsome Manor Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked the hotel for the races and was really pleased the rooms were nicely decorated the hotel spotless. We had dinner on the first night which was delicious and the house wine was spot on. Breakfast was superb with lots of choice. The staff were really friendly and I would definitely recommend this hotel and given the chance go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauramansi1
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lovely place. Staff very lovely. Treated our 7 year old daughter like a princess and made her feel v special. Would highly recommend. For the money it's very good. If you can't afford L'enclume then check this place out! Will definitely return

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank princesselainey
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Recently, I took my boyfriend to Cartmel to eat at Rogan & Co. We spent two nights at Aynsome Manor and, after reading the reviews on here I had high expectations - all of which were met. We were welcomed warmly by the staff, the room was beautiful and breakfast faultless. It helped make a lovely weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Findangie
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The reviews and conversations we had when we stayed show how highly rated the hotel is, and we would agree with most of what was said. There were a few things however which stopped us giving it the highest rating.
The food was of a very high standard, and the wine list offered a good choice at very reasonable prices. There were a number of wines around £20 which were excellent value. We booked a two nights package which covered a 5 course dinner, bed, and breakfast. The portions were generous, and the main course came with a dish of vegetables, including two types of potato. This was the case even when the main of sirloin steak came on mashed potato. After the dessert we were too full for the cheese course, and even the petit fours. The food was seasonal and locally sourced but I would recommend just going for two or three courses rather than five.
The breakfast was again excellent with a good buffet and freshly prepared dishes including kippers and smoked haddock with poached egg. It wasn't very busy when we were there and even though we started at 9.15, 30 minutes before breakfast ended, we felt pressured to finish at 9.45. We didn't mind the buffet being taken away, but the starting to clear our table felt like a clear message to leave.
We stayed in room 4 which had a bath rather than a shower, as I was asked which I would prefer when I booked. My wife prefers a bath but I missed having a shower. The bathroom was down three steps, and like the room could have done with a freshen up. It looked out over the courtyard at the back so there was no sense of the attractive location. The T.V. was so small it didn't seem worth having and we used our iPads.
Overall I can see why people like it so much but there were too many niggles for me to join in the rave reviews, and I was slightly disappointed with our stay.

Room Tip: Room 4 has some drawbacks which I describe in the review.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank petefLiverpool
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Although I stayed for one night on business I feel compelled to share how great the hotel was.
As soon as I arrived the service was fanstastic, the owner and staff couldn't do enough to make my stay as comfortable as possible.
Dinner was arranged in the dinning room at short notice, the silver service was impeccable and the food amazing.
The only down side was having to leave the next morning.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having stayed at this lovely hotel, and eaten in their wonderful restaurant a number of times, I feel I should leave my compliments. The location is so relaxing and peaceful, Chris with Andrea and their staff, are truely very welcoming, and no little request is too much for them to deal with. The standard of service is superb, and to go with this are the fabulous meals prepared and presented beautifully to tantalise your pallet. The dishes offered are varied throughout the seasons, so there is always something to please, along with an extensive and varied wine cellar to compliment whatever your choice should be. I will be in the area again during this year and will certainly be returning to this gorgeous location, to enjoy the very special experience the Aynsome Manor Hotel and it's wonderful staff has to offer everyone. Very Highly Recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny00777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartmel
Uplands Garden Restaurant & Hotel
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Lakeside Hotel
Lakeside Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newby Bridge

Been to Aynsome Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!