“Return Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Uplands

Uplands
Reserve with OpenTable
Uplands is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 13 Restaurants in Cartmel
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: We are a small restaurant using all local produce that are sourced by our chef.We can offer Light lunches, Afternoon Teas and A la carte menu that is changed frequently, we serve a Traditional Sunday Carvery in our restaurant that has outstanding views across the Leven Estuary.You can also take advantage of out Patio area and extensive gardens.Children are welcome and we supply high chairs We have ramps that we can put up for anyone struggling with our two steps and a disabled toilet on the ground floor
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Return Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Once again amazing food and excellent service. They remembered us from last time and could not do enough to help. We ate as a family of four, having different meals and all were scrumptious! My husband said the Sticky Toffee Pudding was one of the best he had ever had. The Eton Mess was also delicious for those that prefer a fruitier dessert. Our compliments to the Chef!

We had a lovely afternoon sat out in the garden with a cold drink and cannot wait to return again!

“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Food was well presented, generous and very tasty! Service was superb, nothing was too much trouble! Sticky toffee pudding was amazing :-)
Great surroundings.
Cant wait to return when next in the area!

“Terrible Lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Myself and my partner went for lunch at The Uplands Hotel + Restaurants, Haggs Lane, Cartmel, this week.

We chose their offer of 3-Course lunch for £9.95. What a mistake.

First we requested 1 pint Diet Cokes. They brought 2 small bottles. They made no word that they could not provide 1 pint glasses.

The meal was dreardful. The starter was a poor quality pate, with no butter for the toast. Main was steak & ale pie ... cheap quality meat. Never ever had such thick solidified gravy in a pie. The vegetables were stewed. The chips were white and barely cooked. Desert being sticky toffee pudding. Tasted very odd, no obvious dates. The toffee/butterscotch sauce (hard to identify which) seemed to be thickened with cornflour?!

If the 3-course lunch for £9.95 were more £3.95 it would be understandable! Dire. Worst meal we have EVER had anywhere!!

As for the service .... Well the woman was off-hand and cold. Not pleasant. Food nigh-on thrown in front when served. Diabolical

It said 'under new management'. I asked how long this had happened. The woman said they had taken over July 1st 2013. Explains a lot, as we had earlier in the year been recommended. Terrible when we went this week. Would NOT recommend to anyone.

3 Thank GreatUKSAFoodies
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful hotel - excellent food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a drive to the lakes in the gorgeous weather, the Village of Cartmel is beautiful and this hotel did not disappoint either, we did not stay but we had lunch in the restaurant and enjoyed a cold drink in the beautiful gardens.

The dining area could easily accommodate our young family of four, it has a lovely friendly atmosphere and the staff were very personable.

The restaurant was serving carvery with a great choice of meats and accompanying dishes- even catering for vegetarians. We didn't choose to eat until around 4pm, despite this the food was hot and there was still plenty (sometimes you just get the cold bits left in the bottom of the dish if you sit down towards the end of carvery). The meal was beautiful- the lamb was melting in my mouth!!

The desserts are to die for! I had sticky toffee pudding - it was beautifully presented with the toffee sauce on the side so I could pour myself and had I not been so full from it all I would of eaten it again.

It was very well priced and the manager showed us the new menu that they were launching....

we will definitely be visiting here again when we return to the lakes later on in the year.

:-)

“Fantastic Staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have been living in Grange now for Three months and having past their sign several times went off to explore where exactly uplands Hotel was. I must say we have struggled to find any decent eating establishments nearby all been kind of ok. We went here for Sunday dinner although the Carvery finishes at 2pm we were served from the kitchen. The dining room is gorgeous with great views and morecambe bay just peeping through the trees at the top of your view... fab. The staff were a delight , two youngish gentlemen with excellent customer service skills and only too eager to please. The sunday lunch arrived and i was not disappointed. We did not have to ask for extra gravy as the waiter had already thought of that, and the vegetables were lovely and fresh. My only negative was I'm not a lover of courgettes with a sunday dinner .. but its not the first time I have had them in Grange.. must be a local thing and I would have liked more veg. That said it was all fresh, good quality and the gravy was fresh home made ,,,,,,not bisto.... To finish the meal off to a tee we all had sticky toffee pudding... home made at the hotel all I have to say is TO DIE FOR! We will be returning and I have already recommended your food to lots of friends... so dont be surpised if your extra busy.... lol. Thanks and we will see you soon.

• Visited June 2013