“Beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rachel P
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 16 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I stayed here with a few friends for my birthday and it was such a beautiful cottage and an amazing stay! Everything was available to us and the area was fantastic, couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend

DerekandM...
Peterborough
“Fabulous Place”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Spent a weak here in August and I must say Weavers Cottage was everything we hoped it would be. All the facilities were 'top notch'. The stairs and downstairs bathroom door were very creaky but this was only a minor issue if you used either during the night.

We were a bit disappointed with Cartmel village, mainly because of all the parked cars. We had visited Cartmel about 20 years ago when there was hardly a car in site so we had a vision of sitting in an idyllic village square enjoying the food, drink and views - how times have changed!

As well as enjoying the splendid Lake District scenery we had to find things that would occupy our 7 year old grandson and discovered a brilliant Zoo, called Safari Zoo, which was on the road to Barrow-in-Furness. You can get very close to most animals of which there were many. Lemurs seemed to be everywhere and they even had Capybara roaming free in the zoo.

Whatever we did we always enjoyed getting back to Weavers Cottage, which was not far from quite a few places to eat, although some were quite expensive.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spaciousness and top notch facilities
Liked least: Creaky doors and stairs
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Oct 2016
Hi Derek. Thank you for taking the time to write about Weavers Cottage.

I am delighted that Weavers Cottage was “everything you had hoped it would be” and was “top notch”.

Since your stay, I have lubricated all the hinges on the door so that they don’t creak.

Yes, Cartmel has certainly changed over the last 20 years and is fast becoming ‘THE’ place to be and 1 of the best villages in Cumbria to visit.

A village parking scheme is soon to come into effect to keep up with the popularity of the village. This will regulate where people can and cannot park but still provide free parking.

There is also ample parking at the racecourse in the centre of the village.

1 of the many plus points for Weavers Cottage is that the cottage is located on the edge of the village and therefore it’s only a couple of minutes to walk into the centre of the village.

Despite Cartmel being a small village we are very fortunate to have several restaurants, pubs and cafes to eat at with a variety of budgets.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Weavers Cottage and I hope to be able to welcome you back again.
Suhous
“Really good”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Fabulous accommodation, fitted out to a very high standard. The kitchen is full of Kitchen Aid appliances and the bathrooms have lovely rain showers. Everything feels very fresh and new. Great location, in terms of being in Cartmel. Huge tv in the lounge, With Sky...and Sky tv provided in bedrooms also. The only things that I would say let it down were, firstly, the sofa in the lounge - which was very low and not particularly comfortable. My elderly mum just could not sit down on it so she had to sit on a dining chair from the conservatory or watch tv in her bedroom. Secondly, the beds were a bit hit and miss. We slept in the upstairs room with the en suite, which was ok, and my daughter slept in the other upstairs room. Her bed was not very comfy at all, I slept with her one night because she woke up crying (she's only three!) and I just could not get comfortable. The final thing that I would criticise - and I only noticed this because I have a three year old child who we tip toe around once she is asleep at night - is that the stairs and the front door are incredibly creaky and noisy. Apart from those three things, however, I would say this is a fantastic holiday rental. The owner was helpful and very responsive to emails. I would definitely return.

10 Oct 2016
Dear Suzanne,
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted you say Weavers Cottage was “fantastic” in so many ways. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t find 1 of the beds or the sofa to be to your liking.

Most large sofas that seat 8 are generally low and squashy types but I’m sorry that this wasn’t suitable for your elderly mother. If you’d emailed me prior to booking to ask about the sofa I would have gladly informed you of the height from the floor etc.

Weavers Cottage has been furnished to a very high standard in a contemporary style.

I’ve just been to Weavers Cottage as I’ve never noticed that the stairs and front door are “creaky”. The door just needed a little bit of WD40.
The stairs make are a little creaky in a couple of places but this is consistent with an old cottage and many people consider this to be the character of an old cottage.

I’m a little surprised that having stated that 3 items/areas of the cottage were not to your liking that you say you “would definitely return”.

Anyhow, thank you again for choosing to book with us.
Jayne5752
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Ideal family base for exploring countryside”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Well recommended holiday base. Excellent facilities. Good sized rooms with a beautiful conservatory..Parking for more than one vehicle.

10 Oct 2016
Thank you for your review.

As you say, there is off-road parking for 4 cars, something that is rare in Cartmel.
CDimmo
“Mrs”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We had an absolutely wonderful time at this beautiful cottage and the standard surpassed all expectations. We've never stayed anywhere so spacious, comfortable and well equipped.Thanks for all the local info and recommendations, we enjoyed a lovely meal at the Kings arms. None of us wanted to leave and we're already planning a return trip. It will most definitely be to one of your cottages Simon if we're lucky enough to be able to book before they're all snapped up. I have you bookmarked in favourites ready and waiting.
Thankyou once again

23 Sep 2016
Hi Carol, thanks for your great review.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Ross M
Innerleithen, United Kingdom
“Ideal Family Base”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We had family from New Zealand staying and we based here for a few days in the Lake District. This pleasant and quiet village was ideal for us with two pre school children. The cottage was very well presented, modern and had everything we needed. Accommodation was just right for us with three couples and two children. We travelled out to places of interest and used the many booklets left for visitors as a guide. Nearby places to eat within walking distance for the two wee ones was just what needed. A great kitchen and sun room with outdoor seating as well. We used the BBQ and sat out till late. Just great!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet village location
Liked least: Struggled a bit with dishwasher settings
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Aug 2016
"Thanks for your great review Neil. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Weavers Coittage and to welcome you back soon."
bazmol
“Mr”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Wow! An amazing cottage, we went for my 50th birthday took my family they were all shocked at how lovely the cottage was. There was four lovely bedrooms an amazing kitchen and conservatory also a cosy lounge. the equipment and furnishings were of a very high standard. the village was a very short walk away. A pub amd grocery store virtually on the doorstep. I would recommend any one to book this cottage. We have also stayed in one of the other cottages that holiday cottages cumbria called carree cottage, which was smaller but still stunning. We will most definitely be returning I am missing all the amazing facilities in the cottage we didn't want leave. Thank you also to Simon who was always quick to respond to any questions we had with regards to the cottage very helpful. finally a lovely little extra two bottles of wine which was left for us with a card thanking us for booking with them again

24 Mar 2016
Thanks Paul and family. What a great review, huge thanks. There will be more wine to welcome you back when you next book any of our 6 gorgeous cottages
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing