“The best pass I've been on this side of the channel!”
Review of Wrynose Pass

US$68.76*
The Best of the Lakes Small-Group Day Trip from Windermere
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Eskdale
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A really difficult drive/ride, but beautiful! Steep and twisty. Avoid during busy tourist times as it's really slow with vehicles trying to manoeuvre past each other.

Not recommended in a large vehicle or on a big motorbike. Great in a car or on a smaller bike.

1  Thank Hondabird007
There are newer reviews for Wrynose Pass

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Hardknott and Wrynose Pass are the most challenging roads I have ever driven in over 40 years of driving. It was a case of being in the right gear at the right time and hill starts are pushed to the limit. I enjoyed it very much. My wife is only just talking to me again.

2  Thank Andy and Kath M
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We did this drive in our motorhome , it was the scariest thing i have ever done. But the view were amazing , would live to do it in a car so i could relax and not think about death !

1  Thank olliegee
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We did this drive last summer when in Cumbria and so glad we did but not sure now, I know what a scary drive it is , weather we would do it again! The views are just breathe taking and very dramatic and you can see mountains and sheer drops all around . The tiny winding road down is scary but if you can go with that( take your time) I can honestly say that the views were the best I have seen in this country .

1  Thank loretta68
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We visited the Lakes for the weekend and ended up driving Wrynose and Hardknott passes. So glad we did- the scenery is breathtaking and although adrenaline fuelled at times... It was a drive to remember! We drove a normal manual car and everyone respected everyone else and pulled in where possible. Yes a few hairy moments... But it is a drive you won't forget!