“Great pub”

King George IV Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Eskdale
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great pub”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great little pub and friendly staff. Allows kids and dogs and just a short walk to fisherground campsite.

Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

lovely pub/resteraunt food very reasonable and big portions, great staff very friendly and very child friendly lots of games to keep kids entertained

Cheshire
“Not good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were staying at the nearby campsite and fancied a proper cooked meal. We went on a Sunday, expecting a roast option and was disappointed that they didn't do one. I had the gammon. Granted, there was a lot of food for your money, however, the chips were burnt and looked and tasted like they had been cooked in old oil, the fried egg was also burnt round the edges and the tomato, pineapple and mushrooms, which tasted like they had been cooked in the same old oil as the chips, were swimming in grease. My son chose the 'homemade' battered fish goujons. His chips were also burnt and tasted terrible, as were the fish goujons. Underneath the batter (which I told him to take off due to the bitter, burnt taste) the fish also still had the skin on, which particularly on a kids meal, I thought was not good. We ate what we could as we had no alternative option (I had had a drink and so couldn't drive anywhere)but the plates went back far from empty. If we were camping here again, I would return for a drink, but I would NEVER eat here again and I would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Meljol
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Sunday evening food”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Excellent food - and lots of it!!! Very reasonably priced and great service. Loved the black pudding/bacon starter.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Evening Meal”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Pub is not bad but not as good as the Woolpack in Boot. I had a Surf and Turf which was slightly amateur with no real professional touch to make it special through taste or presentation. Mine came with Prawns in a Seafood sauce, which should not be on a plate with Steak and Fries. I'd say this is more of a local drinking Pub with better food served elsewhere.