This pub was a five minute walk from our rented cottage. They were happy for our two dogs to sit in the beer garden which was lovely. (Beautiful vivid blue rhododendrons). The menu was varied. My parter had a mixed grill which was plentiful & I had a goats cheese & leek strudel - delish !!!! With homemade spotted dick for dessert it ended a great evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Eskdale valley, The Bower House Inn is situated 4 miles from the Cumbrian Coast and three miles from the A595, ensuring easy access to all local locations. This 17th century 3 star inn offers superb food, open log fires and a warm welcome. Whether you are a businessman working in the surrounding area wanting a relaxing home from home experience or a traveller seeking a comfortable room, the Bower House is the ideal place. The perfect base for those looking to immerse themselves in nature, with the Lake District National park just moments away and a great start point for those looking to explore the surrounding peaks of Scafell and Great Gable and with Wastwater within easy reach, there are lots of great trails for the more leisurely walker. All 20 rooms are traditional but have their own unique quality and are comfortable with en-suite bathrooms and TV. There is also a modern and well equipped two bedroom flat suitable for families or business parties working in the area. The Bower House Inn provides a number of amenities, including luggage storage, free Wi-Fi, telephones and packed lunches if required. Relax in our beautiful garden set along the back drop of Muncaster Fell, the Bower House Inn boasts the best views in the Eskdale valley. Also why not enjoy a round of golf at discounted rates on Eskdale's spectacular golf course, or relax at one of our local fishing spots. Our bar and dining room have traditional low beamed ceilings where we offer a wide range of local ales, locally sourced produce and an extensive menu produced by a team of highly motivated chefs. Start your day with a good hearty Bower House Breakfast and within minutes you can be on the famous Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Miniature Railway, exploring the area and all it has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bower House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bower House Hotel Eskdale
- Bower House Inn Eskdale, Lake District, Cumbria