The food and the friendliness were special. I travelled with my partner, her daughter and friend, and another friend on her own. We had two doubles and a single room. The single we were first allocated wasn't quite up to the standard of the others but was changed without demur. We booked dinner, bed and breakfast, which gave us free rein of the menu including the specials. At least one person perhaps more in the kitchen certainly knew how to cook. The wine was cheap and cheerful. The beer and the whiskies were really fine. There was a very good drying room, which unfortunately we needed. The tvs were old tech. But who wants to watch tv when you have Eskdale outside your window and a friendly bar downstairs. Hard to beat as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook House Inn offers an ideal base from which to explore the many contrasts of the Lake District. Family owned country Inn and restaurant serving imaginative food, real ales and over 170 malt whiskies. AA 4* Inn Award winning food and beer, West Cumbria Camra pub of the year 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brook House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Eskdale
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Eskdale, Lake District, Cumbria