“evening delights”

Brook House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 10 Eskdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Have visited this hotel 3 times in the last year- just for food and drink.
The staff are so pleasant and the food is of the finest quality.I expected typical pub food but this place is a gem with food that I have never seen equalled in the hostelries and restaurants of Manchester.
I've visited alone, with my wife and children and always been thoroughly delighted.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank drwhat_10

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Had a couple of nights here back in May this year. Superb location.The rooms were large and comfortable with beautiful views over the surrounding countryside. The food was also good value and of a high standard, as was the selection of real ales. However, it was the genuine friendliness and helpfulness of all of the staff that earned it the five star rating. I hope this continues.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terrypoole1
Reviewed 20 July 2012

A rather unplanned stopover here. The staff were incredibly helpful, couldn't do enough for us. Room was spacious, enough for ourselves and two small children and comfortable.
Would highly recommend for a stay in the Lakes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We had a great time at Brook House, both the food (so much choice and everything we had was delicious) and service was excellent and the staff are very welcoming. Some people may find the rooms a little old fashioned but our room and bathroom was spacious and very clean.
I would highly recommend this area and hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Camped nearby for 5 nights and ate at the Inn 4 nights. Great staff, friendly helpful efficient. Food fab, yet not dear. Must have a good chef. Plenty of real ale on tap with fast turnaround. Ee had 3 changes while we were there. Are going back, but to stay next time. Best of the 3 at Boot.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Dave_B_S
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Why oh Why did I not look at Brook House on Trip Advisor before booking at a certain nearby inn, where I can only say that the service (excluding the mattresss and cleanliness) was only "woolley" and I felt as though we were "pack"ed in - for business (production) rather than pleasure.

After two nights at a hostelry half a mile away, my friend and I went to Brook House for an evening meal and I cannot praise the welcome, quality of food, idle chat, more highly.

I know where we will be going next time we go to the lovely valley of Eskdale.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank chiefmapreader
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is the second time I have arranged for several friends to attend the Boot Beer Festival, and arranged a meal at the Brook House Inn. I can honestly say the staff and food was superb and the Inn has a brillitant atmosphere. I also spoke to a chap from Swindon who was staying at the Inn who could not fault it.

If you looking for a nice Inn at the heart of Eskdale I strongly recommend the Brook House Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends