After reading all the good reviews we gave this place a try today.They have a good range of kids meals for £4.50 main meals start around £10.50. The kids meals are a good size for 6 year olds. I had mushroom pasta and garlic bread which was beyond bland. Two piles of fettoccini with a valley of wild and chestnut mushrooms in garlic sauce in between with a weird slice of burned garlic bread on the side. My husband had chicken which was ok (just ok). The children enjoyed their meals but the lasagne was dry. All meals were just a bit heavy and bland and the atmosphere was like eating in an old folks home. Prices reflected the location rather than the quality of food in our first experience. Perhaps we chose the wrong dishes.
The staff were friendly and attentive. I have noted comments that there are only two pubs (this and the Boot Inn), there is also the Woolpack Inn a short walk towards Hardnott Pass and King George IV Inn towards Eskdale Green.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook House Inn offers an ideal base from which to explore the many contrasts of the Lake District. Family owned country Inn and restaurant serving imaginative food, real ales and over 170 malt whiskies. AA 4* Inn Award winning food and beer, West Cumbria Camra pub of the year 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Brook House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Eskdale
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Eskdale, Lake District, Cumbria