The Brook House Inn is set in a very quiet location, although initially upon seeing it from the map situated on a road, I was dubious about this. An evening there though spent mainly outside on the terrace by the road saw about one car an hour go past - this really is almost the end of a road to nowhere! The Inn is well situated for walking as well as the steam railway going to Ravenglass and the Roman bath house. We had a spacious room on the top floor with the added bones of a cracking view, even from the bathroom. The staff were friendly, we walked to the nearby Boot Inn for a drink then walked back to the Brook House for dinner in the dining room, before a walk (still light at 9.30) and then a few more pints and a couple of scotches. Word must be said about the drinks - a long wine list, eight real ales in perfect condition, over a hundred and fifty whiskys (including some rare malts) and a good range of other spirits. The food was good (Smoked chicken and sausage salad, wild mushroom bruschetta, steak and a good pie) and the breakfasts were well presented and well served with a smile. This hotel is great value for money and is far better than many at the same price. The only downside would be that if you wanted to explore the more well known part of the lakes, like windermere, you would really have to go over the very hairiasing pass - I thought this was a good point though, it is far nicer on this side and there is plenty to do. Compared to the fish and chips and tourism of Bowness, this is an idyllic place of tranquility. We will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook House Inn offers an ideal base from which to explore the many contrasts of the Lake District. Family owned country Inn and restaurant serving imaginative food, real ales and over 170 malt whiskies. AA 4* Inn Award winning food and beer, West Cumbria Camra pub of the year 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brook House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Eskdale
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Eskdale, Lake District, Cumbria