I stayed here for a weekend and the location is lovely, in the centre of the Eskdale valley. It is a perfect location for walking . We did not move the car all weekend. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice view of the fells as well.
The food in the restaurant was very good, with a nice choice at a reasonable price. The bar stocks a good range of local real ales and they have a whisky list which the staff are happy to advise you on.
On the Saturday night we went to the Boot inn just up the road for dinner which was also very good, but a much simpler pub food menu. The Boot inn was a more down to earth place while the Brook House Inn is a little more refined which was what we wanted as we were celebrating an aniversary.
We also had a pack lunch which was good. they certainly cater for walkers.
i would definity return and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook House Inn offers an ideal base from which to explore the many contrasts of the Lake District. Family owned country Inn and restaurant serving imaginative food, real ales and over 170 malt whiskies. AA 4* Inn Award winning food and beer, West Cumbria Camra pub of the year 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Brook House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Eskdale
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Eskdale, Lake District, Cumbria