Just returned from a two night break and our first stay at this wonderful hotel. The lovely surroundings, friendly family atmosphere, attention to detail and the best food - ever! make this hotel a fabulous place to visit. We also had Room 6 which was a beautiful room with large windows overlooking the gorgeous Lakeland countryside. My husband and I chatted to other couples who were returning to Overwater and who had visited numerous times before, they also felt it was such a lovely hotel and we also plan to visit again in the New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District