Just spent a lovely weekend at Overwater Hall. I'd chosen it because of the reviews I'd read on Trip Advisor and also by taking a look at their own website. We weren't disappointed at all. The food was absolutely excellent and the service was superb. We were extremely lucky with the weather too, lovely and sunny so we were able to explore the local area and see some spectacular views.
We stayed in room three which is the turret room and it was extremely comfortable, the bed was really comfy.
Interestingly all the people we got chatting to at the hotel were guests who had been going to Overwater Hall for many years which just reinforced our opinion that this is an excellent hotel and we look forward to returning again very soon.
If we ever get around to organising our wedding next year it's also top of the list for that too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District