We always stay in the Garden Room, this is on the ground floor, which means we don't have any stairs to climb up after over indulging in the restaurant! It also means our Basset Hound (aged 13 years and four months) doesn't have to watch us struggle up the stairs (or is it the other way around?) The room is spacious with it's own private balcony over looking the gardens and fells. We watched squirrels and roe dear and listened to the birds singing. We enjoyed sipping Pimms, eating wonderful food. Stephen, Angela and Luke looked after us very well. Not forgetting Adrian and all the other staff. We only live 18 miles away - but it is like stepping out of our busy lives and slipping into heaven. Thank you and see you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District