I stayed here again with my husband and dog and was yet again bowled over by the service, location and charm of this place. We were in room 1 this time (beautiful red room with the biggest bathroom i think i have been in!) which was well decorated, clean and very comfortable
The food was also of a very good standard and the service is always discrete and attentative
This is the best place to stay in the lakes if you are looking for peace, beauty and somewhere to stay with your dogs as it has th ebest grounds for those early morning walks
This is still one of my favourite places to go; it isnt modern or have 101 facilities and we were the youngest in there by a good chunk but i always arrive and feel like (or wish!!) i am home and always ready to go back when we leave (which we are with our teenage kids this half term)
Thanks again and see you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District