We went for a special event dinner and stayed the night having breakfast before we left.
The setting is beautifully peaceful and we had a lovely walk in the grounds after we arrived and the next morning saw two red squirrels running round the grounds. We were told that there are deer, but failed to spot one.
Technically we had one of the smaller rooms, but there was plenty of space and it was well 'furnished' including a DVD player for those staying longer and marooned by poor weather.
The dinner was excellent and the breakfast was freshly cooked. For those who like cocktails do ask for the local gin and honey one - even someone who would never normally drink gin thought it lovely.
This would be an excellent place for anyon e who wanted to explore the Lakes, especially the North Lakes, and/or escappe the bustle and noise of modern life though with free wifi you can still keep in touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District