This is a real gem! Beautiful and peaceful location, great range of walks from the hotel, well furnished and maintained period rooms and excellent cuisine. Overwater is a delightful place to stay and admire the countryside and wildlife. My wife and I stayed in the Garden room that overlooks the patio and garden. Patio feeders ensure daily visits from red squirrels and lots of lovely birds. My son stayed in room 8 on the first floor - a large comfortable room with great views of the fells. Both rooms have large bathrooms with separate bath and shower. The garden room has a Jacuzzi bath. All the staff were welcoming, enthusiastic and helpful. The quality of the cuisine and restaurant service is 5 star +. The dinner menu changes daily and there is a good selection of reasonably priced wines. The breakfast menu is excellent and I would also recommend the packed lunches that represent fantastic value for money at £8. Free wifi is provided and there is a selection of DVDs, CDs and books for visitors to use. Wifi signal is patchy in some rooms but adequate in most areas. If you want noise and nightlife - do not visit Overwater. If you are hopelessly glued to your mobile phone - do not visit Overwater - no signal! If you want to relax in a heaven of tranquility and enjoy Cumbrian beauty, hospitality and food at it's very best - then this is the place to stay. I cannot wait for our next visit to this special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District