we had 4 days in late july and the total experience from the initial booking process, to the welcome and the stay was excellent. The gardens are gorgeous. Our upstairs corner room was spacious with room for clothes to be put away. Touring advice was provided including the loan of maps. Meals were an occasion and the food was very good. A minor complaint was that being Summer there should have been more fruit at breakfast.
Although on the edge of the Lake District it is not far far from many beautiful drives and getting there is part of the attraction as the scenery is breathtaking.
to be recommended and one of the best places we stayed at over a long European tour
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District