We have visited Overwater on a number of occasions & always really enjoy our stay. It's a bit of a backwater, away from the main centres & most popular walks but having said that we always find walks to do & often don't see anyone else. The hotel is very comfortable & the staff attentive, without being fussy. The rooms are well appointed & have some lovely extras, such as good quality toiletries, cafetiere coffee, fluffy towels & bathrobes & fresh fruit & flowers in all rooms. Recently we had a back room but we had a lovely view of red squirrels running backwards & forwards from the feeders. The food cannot be faulted - well cooked & plenty of choice. When the plates are presented they look like a work of art! The evening meal isn't cheap but is very special & we wouldn't dream of staying without taking the evening meal option. The public rooms are very comfortable too & Stephen & Angela are always happy to make a pot of tea when returning from a walk or a trip out. The bar is well stocked too if a cold drink is preferable.
The recent visit was even more special as we celebrated a friends 60th birthday & Stephen, Angela & chef Adrian pulled out the stops for us all. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District