We've dined and eaten at the Overwater for many years and now we've moved from Cumbria return each year for our "fix" . The hotel has been refurbished over the years and offers a high standard retreat. The situation is difficult to find and gives it a special "away from it all" experience. The food is excellent and I left a note in the comments book that the fish dish was possibly the best fish dish I had ever eaten- very high praise . Keep it up , we'll be back next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District