my dear old school pal and,i have started a new pastime - afternoon tea. todays venue was overwater. it was amazing, the sandwiches were delightful, i never knew a cucumber sandwich could be so delicious. then the cakes arrived - wow! 2 hours later we strolled out - or rolled out, stuffed, relaxed and happy! sitting looking over the fells watching 2 red squirrels only a couple of feet away was an added bonus.
a truely wonderful place, peace and tranquility at its best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District