I would have given Overwater Hall five stars but for there being very little change in the menu on a daily basis. We travelled quite a long way so stayed for three nights. The food was wonderful on the first evening, but we had to opt for second choices on the following day. On the third evening we had to repeat some previous choices, which I found very disappointing. I am a fish eater while my husband is a carnivore. Surely there is more than one way to cook a piece of fish or meat? The hotel is an expensive one, yet the main courses never changed at all during our stay with only minor changes to the starters and desserts. Our room was fine but chilly, so we had to ask for the heating to be put on. The lounge area could be a bit more welcoming too. However, the owners and staff were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District