This is a charming hotel set somewhat remotely in the beautiful northern reaches of the Lake District. We enjoyed a wonderful one night break whilst travelling home from a holiday in Scotland. The rooms were very well appointed and the evening meals and breakfasts were superb. We booked two rooms for our family and our two robust rough collies were welcomed also. This is a privately run hotel and so we had no idea of what to expect when we booked. In the event, the experience exceeded every expectation. We have stayed in many hotels throughout the Lake District and the U.K. generally and this one ranks very highly indeed for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District