We spent our Easter break at Overwater Hall. We booked one of the turret rooms (Room 6) which has an impressive four-poster bed. The room was very spacious and extremely comfortable. The hotel is situated in glorious countryside which we explored from the hotel (we didnt use the car at all during our stay) using the hotel,s book of suggested walks and the ordnance survey maps. The hotel gardens feature a board walk through the nearby woods where there is wildlife aplenty. We photographed red squirells and a roe deer during our stay. The food is excellent - beautifully cooked and presented and served with style. The menu is complemented by a good selection of wines with many available as half bottles and champagne served by the glass. Most of the other guests had been to the hotel before and I can understand why. We went to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary - this hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District