As soon as we arrived at the hotel we felt relaxed. As a joint birthday celebration we were looking for something that was special and allowed us to indulge our love of walking with our dogs in the Lake District. The dogs settled in the hotel immediately. There was the added bonus of a boardwalk around the hotel and it's grounds so providing you had a torch there was somewhere to walk them last thing at night and first thing in the morning.
Our room was spotless and comfortable with a lovely view across the garden. We had a spacious bathroom with a separate shower and bath.
We stayed at the hotel for two nights and as food lovers we very much appreciated the change in menu each night. Both the dinners and breakfasts were both very good as was the service. Be aware that there is a dress code for the restaurant which is something my husband hadn't made me aware of when he booked (they have a no jeans policy), luckily I had packed some smart clothes.
The hotel gave you a feeling that you were staying somewhere that was special and being an independent hotel just made it feel a little more personal than some of the larger chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine Georgian English country house hotel, family owned and cared for. Set in 18 acres of formal gardens and woodland, and within a short drive of Keswick and the central lakes. Recently refurbished throughout, with modern en-suite bathrooms, free high speed wireless internet and sumptuous three star, two-rosette AA restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Overwater Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overwater Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Overwater Hall Ireby, Lake District