“Out standing and will be returning”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Chellie W
Rawcliffe, United Kingdom
“Out standing and will be returning”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I would like to start by saying please ignore any negative comments surrounding this cottage .

We hired the cottage for a full week for four adults and three dogs. When we arrived we were met by the owner who warmly welcomed us and our bouncing dogs after a long drive to the lakes . When entering the cottage it was warm , spotlessly clean with plenty of space for all and furniture of a high standard which ensured comfort and rest.

On morning two like all city girls I got lost and found myself on the wrong path with dairy cows on the move. I was found by the farm owner who gave me a lift right back to the cottage to ensure myself and my dogs were not stampeded by the cows. Within my lift I was assured that it happened to many people and I was not made to feel stupid at all.

During our stay we cooked many meals within the kitchen after walking all day . The fridge and freezer was large which ensured we could stock up . The kitchen was well equipped with pots and pans of all sizes , plates bowls and all the cooking utensils you could possibly need or want (we even found a vegetable steamer and a meat grill ) . The kitchen had a fully working wood burner which was lovely to have burning whilst eating a meal around the kitchen table of an evening after a long day walking .

The bedrooms were light and airy and the beds were so comfortable , along with the peace and quite of the countryside and the lovely beds I have not slept so well in years .

The bathroom had a outstanding power shower and with four of us there , there was always hot water and the bath was deep to relax aching feet after a long day.

There has been many comments on here about dogs and rules . I feel that the rules were very fair and are the same you apply in your own home , dogs are not allowed to sit on the furniture or be in bedrooms . The dogs are allowed in any other part of the cottage . There is a great court yard with fencing all around which allowed all of our dogs to wonder freely in and out. The farmers working on the farm were very friendly towards the dogs always stopping to say hello and give them a quick pat.

I would say if you were looking to stay in the Lake District within a relaxing and friendly environment that's dog friendly than this is a place for you . We will be returning to this cottage and cannot wait to go back !!! Thank you to the farm owners for such an enjoyable stay .

18 May 2014

I will pass on your comments to the owner of Scales Cottage, I am sure they will be as pleased as we are to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay an in fact intend to return again in the future.
Dave F
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“fantastic,comfy cottage”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Traveled with friends six of us in total,weather was against us but did not spoil the hols.the cottage was warm well equipped cosy and big.fly fishing was enjoyable yes there was fish in the lakes ,the owners were friendly and helpful,third bedroom was small but comfy ,all in all very nice place to stay,would I return you bet.thanks for a good holiday i

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
8 Jan 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of Scales Cottage.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at this property and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Tel 017687 74060
N Yorks
Reviewed 17 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

17 Nov 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your stay at Scales Cottage.

We are delighted you were warm during your stay and found the property to be well-equipped.

Lakes Cottage Holidays hopes to welcome you back to Scales Cottage or another Lakes Cottage Holidays property in the future.

Kind Regards,

017687 74060
Drinkston...
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Good, BUT”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

We feel cheated because we had no warning about the restrictions on this "pet friendly" rental. We selected the cottage for its "dog friendliness" and were happy to pay a premium of £20 each for the two dogs. Astonishingly, when we arrived we discovered rules that the dogs were not allowed upstairs, which includes the lounge, or in the downstairs bedroom, thus limiting the dog's run to the kitchen, hall and small, crowded laundry room. Luckily, unlike friends, our dogs don't sleep in the bedrooms - what would we have done if they do normally sleep in the bedroom? This restricted our use of the lounge - thank goodness for a pack of cards around the kitchen table because there was no TV in the kitchen! In addition we were required to leave the cottage with no evidence that dogs had been there, so why the £20 surcharge?
ALSO, in our view this cottage does not and cannot sleep 6 - two doubles and one single bed!!!
However, well appointed, warm, spacious cottage which had been sympathetically and well renovated, but because mobile phone reception is very poor, internet access/wifi would have certainly improved our enjoyment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Warmth and authentic restoration
Liked least: Dog restrictions
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
28 Oct 2013
Thank you for your review on Scales Cottage

We are please to hear that you found this property warm, spacious and well appointed. This property is owner managed and we will ensure that your comments are passed to them for their information.

We hope that these issues did not detract too much from your stay and we hope to welcome you back to one of our properties in the future.

Kind Regards
Eastergate
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

30 Sep 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Scales Cottage.

We are delighted to read you found the property is well maintained and well-equipped for your needs including the laundry facilities at the cottage.

We hope to welcome you back to Scales Cottage or another Lakes Cottage Holidays property in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Suffolk
Reviewed 24 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing