We stayed at Brockwood Hall through a voucher deal. The lodge was perfectly adequate and comfortable - towels and bedding were provided, and the lodge was serviced daily. IIt was not very child-friendly due to low shelves and steps up to the lodge, so we had to block certain areas off from our toddler, but he was fine when we did that.
The lodge is in a good location for visiting many attractions - Muncaster Castle, Coniston, Ravenglass railway are all about 30-40 minutes drive away.
The office and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful, but our holiday was almost spoiled by one persistent member of staff who insisted that our 'deal' came with the 'condition' that we spend time finding out about the time share options for holidays with the company. We pointed out that this wasn't clear in the terms and conditions of our voucher (in fact it was quite vague, mentioning only an 'orientation tour', not an attempt to try and sell us something), and eventually (but only after 2 days) we were left alone to enjoy our holiday. It was also pointed out a couple of times to us how much money we had paid for the holiday (quite unprofessional I thought) but then we also had to endure 3 days of noisy road resurfacing works taking place directly outside our lodge from 8.30am every morning, so if we had paid the full price for the holiday we would have had a very good case for not doing so anyway.
We did manage to have a nice holiday though. The lodge was nice, and the couple of times we ate up at the main house, the food was excellent, just a little slow (if you have a toddler, it might be worth pre-ordering food). We didn't get chance to use the pool but it looked ok.
I don't think we would stay at Brockwood Hall again through a special offer because of the experience we had, which is a real shame because we did have a nice holiday in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished lodges for 2015! 32 self catering lodges nestled in the scenic but secretive Whicham Valley, with views opening out to the Irish Sea and the finest, freshest country air. Onsite facilities include lawns, indoor pool, kids play area, bike hire, beauty spa, nature trail, bar & diner.Situated close to the Lakes but far away enough to avoid the crowds.Come along and tour the best Cumbria has to offer while enjoying a relaxing break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Odigeo so you can book your Brockwood Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brockwood Hall Hotel Millom
- Brockwood Hall Millom, Cumbria - Lake District