Lakeside Hotel
US$119
US$202
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
Newby Bridge Hotel(Newby Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Swan Hotel & Spa(Newby Bridge)
Priceline
  • Pool
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Hampsfell House Hotel(Grange-over-Sands)
1,402 results
All reviewslake viewjohn ruskinafternoon teamain restaurantan aquariumfine diningtraditional hotellake districtper headnothing is too much troublesandwichesstunning locationspecial occasionlovely hotelhotel facilitiestop classsteam train
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay with my family including 2 grandsons.
We all had a fab time but having stayed at The Lakeside many times over the years we knew we would.
However this time the lake view rooms had been upgraded and were beautifully decorated and so clean. Also it is such a pleasure to wake up in the morning to such a wonderful view over the lake whatever the weather!
The gardens are well kept and the fresh flower arrangements throughout the hotel are amazing , if you like that sort of thing.
The pool area is excellent and well kept.
Breakfast is good and to be served is such a treat. The food in the Brasserie has improved from our last stay we had one little problem but it was soon put right along with a free round of drinks for all. Nice touch!
Cream teas to die for served in the conservatory how can one refuse.
The staff are exceptionally pleasant and can't do enough to help you.
On the last night we had a problem with the room but we were immediately reassured by the prompt response from Claire , Assistant Manager. Thank you Claire!!
We will be back !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

There's not much not to like . The situation is lovely although the proximity of the aquarium next door is a bit of an eyesore . Foods good , service excellent and everywhere is clean and tidy . My room was spacious comfy and well maintained if a little chintzy .

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you are looking for superb quality, exemplary service and a tranquil location with stunning views then this is definitely the place to be on Lake Windermere!!

We have just returned from 4 nights at the Lakeside Hotel and I honestly can't recommend it enough.
The staff were exceptional - they were very attentive, friendly and clearly happy to be working there and happy to help - nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were a great size and very tastefully decorated. Very comfy bed! The shower was fab, with huge towels and lovely products too (Aveda) We had a lakeside room in which they put a spare bed for our 12 year old. The view overlooking the gardens and the lake was beautiful!
The food was generally of a very high standard. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice, great presentation and of high quality and taste - i tried something different everyday from the cooked menu and I wasn't disappointed with any of it! As was with dinner, although we didn't eat in the formal dining room I can say the food in the brasserie was excellent, although we thought wine by the bottle was a bit pricey, starting around £30. Nevertheless the quality and taste of the food, coupled with the excellent service, far outweighed the pricey wine menu :) However, sadly, I was disappointed with the sandwiches which we had one afternoon - they were rather standard and as such, in my opinion, way over-priced :(. Although eating in the conservatory was delightful.
The spa was great - lovely pool, sauna and steam rooms and all very well maintained as were the changing rooms - with Molten Brown products and again large soft fluffy towels at
hand - lovely!
The location of the hotel was great albeit a little quiet and remote but we loved that. That said, the river boats and steam train station was right beside so that was super convenient!
There's also a pub just down the road where you can get food - it's a little cheaper but by no means of the same standard as at the hotel.
We were blown away by the Lakeside Hotel - they seem to be meeting a really good balance of high quality and exemplary service whilst remaining welcoming, friendly and unpretentious!!
I very rarely say I would go back to the same place but with the Lakeside I would in a flash - and definitely will!!

Our 12 year old loved it (and he's stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world!)

So ..... thank you Lakeside! :)

(I've been a bit harsh in giving 4 stars for location and value - but thats only because it is quite remote and the sandwiches and wine were a bit pricey for what you got). Otherwise it gets a huge THUMBS UP from us :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014

As a family of four, we stayed here as a half way stop on the way to Scotland for 2 nights, and what a lovely experience it was!
We had two suites, both with views of the lake which were breath taking and lovely to wake up to in the morning. The suites were very luxurious, I loved the quaint interior. The beds had crisp bedding. The bathrooms were very nice, marble floors and a jacuzzi bath which was very relaxing. The toiletries were also very luxurious.

We had a meal in the main restaurant and I cannot fault the food! I am quite a fussy eater but I found something lovely for each course. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed and the staff were very friendly. We visited the bar in the hotel after dinner which was great, we spent a few hours there.

We enjoyed the breakfast, there is a little buffet and you also order your hot food. Very chilled.
Thank you for a warm welcome! We will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: I would recommended a room with a lake view, very calming.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Evie J
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We love this place and have visited many times. My husband proposed to me there 5 years ago, we visited when I was pregnant with my son, we visited when I was diagnosed with cancer and then again when I had finished my treatment. Every time we have felt pampered and well looked after. Even when visiting with our small child, we felt looked after. The location is stunning and the hotel and restaurant are first class. Every room we have stayed in has been immaculate. This is our 'go to' special place. The food has always been to Michelin standards and the staff are impeccably well trained. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to treat themselves. It would be easy to feel out of place with children here but don't, they are welcome. Oh and the spa! How could I forget! I go everytime - wonderful.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family