“WOW!!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newby Bridge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

After booking another hotel in cartel that let us down we were left with nowhere to stay during race weekend. The hotel staff and facilities not only exceeded our expectations but we felt were exemplary to their industry.

The customer service was so good I felt like I was staying at the Four Seasons chain. Although Im sure I asked annoying questions they never made me feel uneasy. Myself and girlfriend felt like royalty from every single member of staff and after the last few weeks we've had we really needed this.

Upon arrival the check in was so smooth and stress free, I was greeted by a friendly chap dressed smart who helped me get everything out of our car, took it up to the room and then parked my car in a free car park, and provide a straightforward diagram as to where it was located.

The check in staff gave us a beautiful room that over looked the lake, comfortable bed with plenty of space. The whole weekend we experienced some of the best customer service I've ever experienced.

The spa is very modern and been recently updated, the staff here are very friendly and will do anything to make you feel relaxed, they made me some warm green tea with honey.

The in room dining was very easy, never felt difficult I asked for some more milk and was almost at the door before I put the phone down. We also had access to free wifi in the room that was very good.

We stayed here during the Cartmel Races and the hotel booked us a cab both ways and cost just over a tenner each way and turned up on time even though I was concerned as I didn't have signal. (o2 is poor in the lakes, 3 network is brilliant)

The location is perfect i think its pretty central to everywhere we wanted to go to.

As you can see we enjoyed our stay very much and I hope when you read this review you decide to stay here and also other hotels take note and understand customers don't mind paying a little bit more for truly unforgettable moments. I'll remember our weekend for the rest of my life.

Thank you to all the staff and please keep up this small attention to detail.

Room Tip: stay in the executive room overlooking the lake, it has a large lounge room you can easily swing a t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 21 August 2014

After viewing lots of Web sites we decided it choosing the Lakeside Hotel for our Lake District Point, visiting the UK
I am very happy with the choice - The BEST, breakfast I have ever had in the UK
The BEST - location, on the lake shore, quiet, with a fantastic view and a unique atmosphere. You sit on the small bay, in the sunset (late evening) and Ha..I remember it now while writing these words and shiver..it was great, a family adventure

The Hotel will not supply you the best room or the best fitness room, but you will hardly achieve a better choice while looking at the whole package
The ducks, swans and their lovely sibilings walk there and you understand why the feel at home, no worries, HEAVEN like
The staff is VERY professional, very good
My wife and I needed 24 hours to get used to the place - no safebox in the room, no fridge - Guys it does not matter, you are Vaccumed to the atmosphere, especially when you travel with a car, since there is a LOT to see and enjoy in the area
Cons - Our bathroom had quite a refurbish need
The rooms where quite ok - no AC but no need for them
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Room Tip: a must is a Lakeside view Try to underatand whether the room and the Bathroom was recently re-furbi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rochdale, England
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice spacious room, at the rear of the hotel with a comfy bed and lovely bath. On the downside though, the free internet signal was poor and the tv picture pretty dreadful, reminiscent of watching tv on a computer monitor (limited channels too).

The staff were excellent and the big downside is the high prices - 48 pounds per person for the three course restaurant evening meal is a lot, and drinks/snacks are also cringingly high.

Breakfast was excellent (as it should be if they charge 20 pounds for it.

If you intend to use the Spa, book in advance, otherwise you'll be likely to miss out, as it books up quickly.

Also, check your bill carefully as they made a couple of mistakes on mine, resulting in a 110 pound overcharge (for two days stay).

Otherwise, you get great service in a picturesque location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wroughtironron
London UK
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at Lakeside. We like it and would recommend the hotel. The service is excellent with nothing too much trouble and the staff are courteous and attentive. The spa team are also good really good although its on the pricey side.

Our room was delightful. We asked for a quiet one as it was school holidays and the hotel found us just the right one (412) with its own private patio.

The food at the hotel is excellent especially breakfast which is amongst the best we have had anywhere. The one disappointment for us were the restaurant prices. Three course excluding drinks £48 , fish and chips in the brasserie £21.95! We live in prime gastro land in Oxfordshire and also eat in London regularly so we are used to paying good money for good food but frankly we would expect a very special meal for £50 PH excluding drinks above and beyond what is on offer at Lakeside. It didn't spoil our stay as there are plenty of other options. Try the Queens Head in Hawkshead or Hooked in Windemere.

Overall though a very good hotel and we will come back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailork
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 day stay with my family including 2 grandsons.
We all had a fab time but having stayed at The Lakeside many times over the years we knew we would.
However this time the lake view rooms had been upgraded and were beautifully decorated and so clean. Also it is such a pleasure to wake up in the morning to such a wonderful view over the lake whatever the weather!
The gardens are well kept and the fresh flower arrangements throughout the hotel are amazing , if you like that sort of thing.
The pool area is excellent and well kept.
Breakfast is good and to be served is such a treat. The food in the Brasserie has improved from our last stay we had one little problem but it was soon put right along with a free round of drinks for all. Nice touch!
Cream teas to die for served in the conservatory how can one refuse.
The staff are exceptionally pleasant and can't do enough to help you.
On the last night we had a problem with the room but we were immediately reassured by the prompt response from Claire , Assistant Manager. Thank you Claire!!
We will be back !

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
midlands
Reviewed 13 August 2014

There's not much not to like . The situation is lovely although the proximity of the aquarium next door is a bit of an eyesore . Foods good , service excellent and everywhere is clean and tidy . My room was spacious comfy and well maintained if a little chintzy .

• Stayed August 2014
Jeddah
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you are looking for superb quality, exemplary service and a tranquil location with stunning views then this is definitely the place to be on Lake Windermere!!

We have just returned from 4 nights at the Lakeside Hotel and I honestly can't recommend it enough.
The staff were exceptional - they were very attentive, friendly and clearly happy to be working there and happy to help - nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were a great size and very tastefully decorated. Very comfy bed! The shower was fab, with huge towels and lovely products too (Aveda) We had a lakeside room in which they put a spare bed for our 12 year old. The view overlooking the gardens and the lake was beautiful!
The food was generally of a very high standard. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice, great presentation and of high quality and taste - i tried something different everyday from the cooked menu and I wasn't disappointed with any of it! As was with dinner, although we didn't eat in the formal dining room I can say the food in the brasserie was excellent, although we thought wine by the bottle was a bit pricey, starting around £30. Nevertheless the quality and taste of the food, coupled with the excellent service, far outweighed the pricey wine menu :) However, sadly, I was disappointed with the sandwiches which we had one afternoon - they were rather standard and as such, in my opinion, way over-priced :(. Although eating in the conservatory was delightful.
The spa was great - lovely pool, sauna and steam rooms and all very well maintained as were the changing rooms - with Molten Brown products and again large soft fluffy towels at
hand - lovely!
The location of the hotel was great albeit a little quiet and remote but we loved that. That said, the river boats and steam train station was right beside so that was super convenient!
There's also a pub just down the road where you can get food - it's a little cheaper but by no means of the same standard as at the hotel.
We were blown away by the Lakeside Hotel - they seem to be meeting a really good balance of high quality and exemplary service whilst remaining welcoming, friendly and unpretentious!!
I very rarely say I would go back to the same place but with the Lakeside I would in a flash - and definitely will!!

Our 12 year old loved it (and he's stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world!)

So ..... thank you Lakeside! :)

(I've been a bit harsh in giving 4 stars for location and value - but thats only because it is quite remote and the sandwiches and wine were a bit pricey for what you got). Otherwise it gets a huge THUMBS UP from us :)

• Stayed August 2014
Lodore Falls Hotel
#5 of 5 in Borrowdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,029 reviews
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,808 reviews

Been to Lakeside Hotel? Share your experiences!