“Amazing, worth every penny (although I was a little narked we didn't get the room on offer like everyone else!”
Review of Swan Hotel & Spa

and 1 more site!
Swan Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newby Bridge
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Quite unusual for the lakes, this hotel ticks every box! Beautiful location, amazing welcome from reception staff, with friendly & professional service throughout. Good clean spacious room & bathroom. We ate in the pub twice (simply because the food was so good there on the first night). Breakfasts were delightful. Small but adequate spa. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2011

I was taken to this hotel on a surprise romanic trip away and was over the moon. I can be fairly picky with accommodation, but the decor is fab, service was brilliant and the food is great. You really don't need to leave the hotel. The only downside is that there aren't other pubs or restaurants in walking distance, but the hotel facilities are so good it doesn't really matter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This is a very stylish well thought out hotel. Beautiful decor, very very good staff. Had dinner here twice, faultless... reasonable wine list. Loved the breakfast room. Rooms were box fresh.
I'm a Windermere ex-pat and Lakes hotels never used to be like this...

My family and I stayed here whilst dealing with a family tragedy and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Room - comfortable, large, light. Got quite warm at night, and the aircon was quite loud when switched on.

Food - reasonably priced, wide selection, prompt and friendly service. We didn't have a bad meal either in the bar or the restaurant. Two good local ales on offer at the bar too.

Location - good for the South Lakes, but those looking to go hill walking might want to choose a hotel a little further north.

Price - not cheap, but not unreasonable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

This was my second trip to the Swan Hotel after it was recommended by a friend. I am very hard to please and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Swan Hotel to others. We booked for two night’s accommodation for a girly weekend for 16 of us. The rooms had been renovated since my last stay and were lovely in all aspects. On the Friday we dinned in the restaurant this was again first class. Breakfast on Saturday was faultless. We had booked Spa days - it was amazing to have the Spa to our selves – the therapists were prefect and I highly recommend. I have read others reviews and I totally disagree saying the Swan was pricey. Lunch was excellent value for money for the amount of food, and quality of the produce, and service. The cost of treatments were very similar to other hotels in the area, I researched this before booking for such a large group of people. The only fault was the Spa had rung the bar to say there was a group of us for lunch, please seat these people together, I understand it was a busy day, but that didn’t happen, but the service and the quality of the food made up for this. The Swan is in a great location. One friend booked in again for her wedding anniversary with her children. The relaxed atmosphere made a prefect weekend away, we used all the factilies the staff were helpful and very pleasant – my only regret is that I couldn’t say for longer.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed at The Swan for a short break over the school half term holidays. We've stayed quite a few times before, always having a really nice experience, and this visit was no exception. All the staff were incredibly courteous and helpful, the quality of the room was superb, and the dining was excellent. We stayed in one of the suites which have a connecting room, which is ideal if you have a family and you want to get the kids settled down to an in-house movie while you take take the opportunity to dine in the restaurant! The pool/gym and spa are also both first rate facilities, and you get the same level of customer service as in the rest of the hotel, which is excellent. The Swan is an ideal venue for a family break and one which I would wholeheartedly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2011

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at the swan Hotel. We have stayed there before but, have always left our children at home. This time we took our children 3 and 8 as we were celebrating my Birthday and we were not disappointed. The hotel is great for children and people of all ages. The hotel bedrooms have been renovated since we were last there along with the rest of the hotel which is to a very good standard. I found the hotel to be exceptionally clean and I am fussy! We all eat in the restaurant we had a table for 11 the staff in the restaurant were exceptionally helpful and for all you Coeliacs out there I found the menu catered for my needs. They always have lots of specials on and are very quick to help if you have any allergies or special requirements. We will be visitin the Swan again hopefully soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
#3 of 20 in Windermere
Lodore Falls Hotel
Lodore Falls Hotel
#5 of 5 in Borrowdale

Been to Swan Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!