Spent a wonderful (if rainy) weekend at the Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge recently. We couldn't recommend it highly enough.
- wonderful food, beautifully presented and supremely delicious - especially try the nutella and marscapone calzone!
- beautiful spa pool and ESPA treatment suite. Definitely need to book treatments in advance as they seem quite busy at weekends.
- the snug. Perfect for a post dinner drink.
- decor. tastefully decorated with a combination of contempory and kitsch.
I'm sure it would be great in warmer weather too with a riverside eating area.
Well located for the southern lakes, about ten mins drive to Ambleside.
What impressed us most however was the level of service that we received all weekend. Understated, attentive and friendly. It was high end hotel service in what felt like a much smaller boutique hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the picturesque River Leven at the southern tip of Lake Windermere, this 17th-century coaching inn is full of character and charm, but also offers well-equipped rooms, first-class leisure facilities and a fabulous ESPA spa. Enjoy the cosy, traditional lounges with roaring log fires, sample a unique local ale and enjoy a first-class dinner from the extensive hotel menu. The chef makes a point of finding the very best natural ingredients from local sources. If you're planning on a family trip, you'll find that The Swan has excellent facilities for children. Whether it's books and toys available in the library, a special restaurant menu or the complimentary milk and cookies served up at bedtime, younger guests are well looked after. Of course, there are many opportunities for them to play too - both in the hotel's 14 acres and the beautiful surrounding countryside. Whatever the reason for your trip, business or pleasure, you can be sure of the warmest of welcomes and will have the perfect base for exploring the wonderful beauty of the Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Swan Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swan Newby Bridge
- Swan Hotel Newby Bridge
- Swan Hotel & Spa Newby Bridge, Lake District