“Excellent!!”

Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newby Bridge
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here in late October with my wife, we had a fantastic stay enjoyed the spa treatments,pool steam room ect.
Recently returned again on business this time and I'm liking how the new general manager has come in and sorted minor issues with staff. For me the staff was not getting enough time showing how they should carry out there jobs,however I do believe he has spent time with the staff and I think they are enjoying work now due to having time spent with them with the general manager. Keep up the good work all your doing fantastic will be returning again shortly for sure.

Room Tip: This hotel for me is situated in the best part of newby bridge and for me is the best in newby bridg...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne_275

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a lovely relaxing weekend at this spa hotel. We were made to feel welcome right from our arrival. The spa receptionist was very helpful and the spa/sport centre facilities excellent. We enjoyed the well maintained squash courts, the lovely sauna and excellent steam room. So often I am disappointed in steam rooms as they are neither hot enough or steamy enough.,,,not this one. In the spa we enjoyed a lovely Swedish back massage. The perfect day was capped off by a beautiful meal at the restaurant. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jascal
pickle2014, Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and for the excellent 5 star rating. It is great knowing you enjoyed the leisure club and Spa facilities, as well as a good meal!

We would love to see you return, and as a gesture of goodwill if you call the reservations hotline number displayed on our website, and quote your TA pseudonym, we will be able to offer you a 15% discount off of the the best rate.

Thanks and Merry Christmas from the whole team at the WW Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a lovely two night break away at the White water hotel.
We would definitely return and are planning to do so in the New Year.
The area and the river views are amazing, highly recommended.
It such a beautiful place!
I was so impressed with the attentive service from staff, very thorough, polite professional and friendly.
Couldn't fault anything.
The spa has lots to offer, I loved the mud treatment. We enjoyed the pool, sauna and steam rooms. Totally relaxing and most enjoyable.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for writing this glowing review and for the 5 star rating. It is particularly pleasing to read you enjoyed the Spa and the mud rasul experience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas from the whole team at the WW Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Very disappointed with our stay. The receptionist at spa was dull and depressing, unfriendly, and more interested to file her nails than explain about the facilities!
There was no smile to welcome me in the facilities, not even hello. Seemed she was more interested in her self, than the job. Please !! I beg you! Do some staff training at reception! Otherwise- I would recommend no one to go there! Swan across is much better!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole G

Dear reviewer,

I have spent quite some time trying to contact you and also to find out more about this alleged incident. You have not responded to my requests to make contact, and further more I cannot find any evidence that you actually visited the hotel or indeed had any treatments booked.

The Swan hotel is not "across the road" from the Whitewater Hotel. I can only assume you have written a review for the wrong establishement.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My friend and i recently stayed at the whitewater hotel for a two night stay, we had a lovely upgrade on our room whice was lovely, no faults there, we went for a swim, sauna and steam room, that was great too,
the breakfast both mornings was nice, the only fault, which was small, was that we were'nt offered any hot drinks or toast on the first morning.

The weather could have been much better for us, it rained the whole time we where there, but it didnt stop us going out. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
pickle2014, Guest Relations Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review and for the excellent 5 star rating. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay on the whole but your comments about the breakfast slip have been noted and passed on.

As a thankyou and in the hope we will see you for a return visit, we would be delighted to offer you a 15% discount off of any future stay. Please just call the hotel and quote your TA pseudonym to receive the best rates guaranteed.

Many thanks from the whole team at the Whitewater Hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My partner and I have just come back from a lovely stay away at the Whitewater Hotel. We have been to the Lake District before and have been rather disappointed. However, after a little persuading, we decided to give it another go except we decided to choose a different venue. My god, I wish we had come here the first time around.

We had a room overlooking the back of the hotel (there is a gorgeous river running down the back with lots of woodland on either side). To wake up to such a tranquil scene was blissful.
Breakfast in the morning was plated. There was a little buffet of cold things out on the side, and all the hot food came out of the kitchen. Makes a nice change from having sweaty buffet food in the morning.
I ordered poached eggs, black pudding, tomatoes and brown toast. My partner just wanted something simple so ordered the porridge. We promptly ate our food and made our way out as we wanted to venture around.

Unfortunately the weather didn't hold out for us so we cut our adventure short for the day. We came back to the hotel and was greeted by a friendly waitress who offered us some hot beverages to warm ourselves back up. We had our drinks, then went over to the Cascades Leisure facility.
As soon as we step foot through the doors, a big smiley face appeared from behind the desk. The guy (The Leisure manager) was quick and efficient in helping us in with the signing in process, explained what facilities were in the vicinity and offered us a show round. My partner's ears pricked up as soon as the manager mentioned the Spa. (I've tried to get him to have treatments in the past but he had none of it.. but this time as it came from another man, he was all ears... Men!) So whilst the manager took my partner up to the Spa, I went to use the Gym. The Gym was a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. The air con was on, there was some music on as well which makes a nice change from a silent hotel gym. There were plenty of weights and cardio equipment so had a nice variety. After my workout I went downstairs for a swim. (The changing cubicles could do with being a little bigger but it's just a very minor gripe of mine.)
My partner finished his treatment and came to find me immediately and told me he had a Facial treatment thing. He absolutely loved it. His treatment was 75minutes long but only cost £60.00! I've had mediocre treatments in the past in other spa's for 30 minutes and it cost around the same! Needless to say, I wish I'd gone to the Spa with him.

We were hungry after all this so we decided to stay and eat in the hotel Restaurant. We were greeted by the waitress we saw previously. She had a big smile on her face and offered us drinks and menu's. She brought them over, then instead of darting off, she actually asked us how our day was etc. She took our order, and told us she'd take us to the table shortly. We sat relaxing on the comfortable sofa's in the Lounge Bar. (Honestly, after the relaxing day we had, we both very nearly fell asleep straight away!). The lady then took us to our table. She poured our wine and water and came back with some warm breads.

I had the Pigeon to start, my partner had the Gravadlax. He then went to have the Fillet (It was cooked PERFECTLY may I add!), and I had the Cod. In hindsight we probably should've ordered some extra vegetables or something but it wasn't really an issue. The food was lovely. Wine was lovely. Company was lovely too (my partner made me write this part)! We were too full for desserts and coffee so we decided to skip those. The waitress came over and we had a lovely long chat- she told us about the hotel, their sister hotel and just had a chat in general. It's really nice that the staff make time for you and genuinely care about their job and the guests.

Check out was easy. We checked out with lady with short brown hair. She told me she also works at their sister hotel in Lincolnshire. If the staff we encounter there are the same as here, we will be over to visit Branston Hall in the near future.
Thank you to everybody who we came across. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this informative and positive review. We are pleased you got to experience the many services and facilities the hotel offers.

Many thanks from the whole team at the Whitewater Hotel

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights with family. The welcome on reception was very warm and informative about our stay. Both the lounge and the downstairs bar service was friendly and quick. Unfortunately this didn't continue into the restaurant. The atmosphere was lacking and the room felt a bit cold and empty compared with the rest of the hotel. The staff were pleasant enough but lacked basic service skills which would of made things pefect and would of complimented the wonderful food provided by the chef.

Breakfast service was again a bit disjointed on the first morning there wasn't much food available which was partly due to us arriving just before 10 when they finish but still it took a long time for anyone to attend to us for coffee and toast. On the second morning the breakfast had obviously been a bit busier as most tables were in need of been cleared which meant we had to sit at a dirty table and then wait for it to be reset which again seemed to take for ever despite numerous staff on duty, our request for toast took a while to come and the tea and coffee never arrived.

Found the leisure centre was very clean and tidy although the photos of the pool make it look bigger than it actually is.

All in all a nice hotel but for the price you pay for dinner would expect the service and atmosphere to be better.

Room Tip: We had a family room which was very spacious and slept three adults very comfortably.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CumbrianReviewer
ChrisLawrence1, Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Its a shame that service and choice at breakfast let us down, as otherwise you sem to have had a fairly good stay. We will take on board your comments about breakfast, but thank you too for your positive feedback on other aspects of the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newby Bridge
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection

Been to Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!