Dinner (chicken salad) was tasty when it arrived one hour and 10 minutes after it was ordered. 2 hours from request to receipt of an iron and ironing board. Breakfast awful, coffee and toast arrived 10 minutes after I had eaten the poor attempt at cooked bacon and the mush that was masquerading as scrambled eggs (there was no-one around to offer the option of a fried egg!). Very young staff who could not cope with a busy hotel, not a sign of any Duty Manager. All in all one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. It was almost as if the staff, rather than welcoming you, ran the other way to avoid any questions they may be asked. Doubt I'll be staying there again even though it is in a wonderful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star Property With A One Rosette Fine Dining Restaurant And The Dolly Blue Bar And Grill Restaurant. Sitting On The Bank Of The River Leven, This Property Offers Stunning Views And The Perfect Base To Explore The Area. Close By Are The Lakes Aquarium, Haverthwaite Steam Railway, Lakeland Cruises, Beatrix Potter And The Lakeland Motor Museum Featuring The Donald Campbell Bluebird Museum. The Perfect Lakeland Venue! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitewater Hotel And Leisure Club
- Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club Newby Bridge, Lake District