We arrived on Friday afternoon (five ladies) booked in and were given keys to our rooms, two adjoining rooms which was lovely because we felt like we where altogether. We where a little peckish after a few bottles of champers ;) and decided we needed some nibbles, we rang room service and asked for some crisps or nuts, to put us on until dinner, we where brought a few Doritos and some dips that cost £16.00 a bit steep for what we got. All the other meals we had (we where there for two nights) breakfast and dinner were to a good standard no problems whatsoever, the staff in the dining room were good, there was one young girl (Collette) that was outstanding, very helpful, polite and knew her stuff. The staff in the spa were lovely, the only problem was we went to buy some lovely Elemis and there wasn't any staff there, they were all busy doing treatments, we were going to spend a few hundred pounds but hey ho.....The reason for four stars the price of the snack was ridiculous, the reception staff couldn't tell us how to get to the station had no information on the steam train or ferry across the lake, weren't very forthcoming about ordering taxis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star Property With A One Rosette Fine Dining Restaurant And The Dolly Blue Bar And Grill Restaurant. Sitting On The Bank Of The River Leven, This Property Offers Stunning Views And The Perfect Base To Explore The Area. Close By Are The Lakes Aquarium, Haverthwaite Steam Railway, Lakeland Cruises, Beatrix Potter And The Lakeland Motor Museum Featuring The Donald Campbell Bluebird Museum. The Perfect Lakeland Venue! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitewater Hotel And Leisure Club
- Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club Newby Bridge, Lake District