“Best veggie lasagne ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Garden View Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Best veggie lasagne ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I can't believe how nice this meal was. I had brie with cranberry sauce and a lovely dressed salad to start and it was really tasty. My boyfriend had the cumberland sausage hotpot-esque dish and really enjoyed it. I wasn't surprised to find that there was only one veggie option for main courses and was disappointed when I saw veggie lasagne as I don't think i've ever eaten a homemade one in a non-specialist vegetarian restaurant- I always get stuck with a ready meal- but I was over the moon when my lasagne arrived. It was perfectly cooked with an array of vegetables in it. The only criticism was that I could have eaten more than was on my plate! Vegetarian options are often overlooked so I thought it was really great that the chef took the time to make something so tasty, seeing as I was probably the only person to order it all night!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Riverside Drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed at Lakeside but went for a walk and drink. Enjoyed sitting by the river. Bar service looks a shambles at first but works when you work it out. Two stations for food and drinks only in middle.

Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Vegetarians avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Garden View Restaurant is in the Newby Bridge hotel. Read my full review on there. Basically meat dishes are very good, vegetarian/pescitarian have a very limited choice and they taste awful. By all means don't believe me, try it yourself, maybe the chef was off sick the day we ate there.

Visited February 2014
Camberley
“very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Spent new years Eve here. Great food, bag pipes and a very good Elvis impersonator brought 2013 to an end.

Visited December 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

brilliant ,they had set menu for £30 it was a great food ,kids menu was also great,breakfast also served in garden view restaurant was very good.

Visited November 2013