“A good find.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Patterdale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Liked: Eating at the outside tables with tranquil view. Enthusiasm and commitment of Ian, the owner. Tasty well-presented food.

3  Thank hillwandererBrighton

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were served promptly outside in the evening. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The mixed fish platter was really tasty and served with a selection of perfectly cooked vegetables. The location of the restaurant is lovely with mountain views and it is next to a babbling trout filled brook. Very good hand pulled ale.

1  Thank calderhigh
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We chose Old Water View because it was said to have a good selection of vegetarian dishes, and it wins hands down for veggie main courses and all the starters are veggie. But it also has lovely fish dishes on the menu, and people near us were obviously enjoying their meat meals. The owner and the chef obviously take a real interest in food, and the service is excellent. Beautiful setting, too, right beside a bend in the river and close to the mountains. Very friendly and welcoming - highly recommended.

1  Thank Alison186233
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I called in at the Old Water View Patterdale at around 4 in the afternoon there were one or two people having snacks and drinks in the Garden.
I was greeted by the Chef just after I seated my wife at a table in the garden who said they were only serving snacks at that time of day, I said I'm sorry I didn't realise but I was looking for a full meal, he asked me to follow him and he showed me the full evening menu and said I could have anything I liked off the menu and he would prepare it special.
I had a sirloin steak and veg as did my wife, we also had drinks all served in the garden with a genuine smile!! I will go again the food was good but the service was second to none.

2  Thank AjP15243
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As vegetarians we didn't know what to expect in a little village like Patterdale but our two dinners at Old Water View were excellent. Extensive menu and the weather was so pleasant we took advantage of the outdoor area overlooking a beautiful, parklike view. Ian, the owner, was very friendly and fun to chat with and service was great.

3  Thank JamieKay530