We stayed at the Mortal Man June 2014. Beautiful setting, nice room - bathroom clean and well equipped with shampoo, soap, shower gel and bath soak, peaceful and relaxing. Lunch menu was typical pub food nicely cooked. Cooked breakfast was lovely, although the continental breakfast selection was limited. We were a little disappointed by the evening menu which turned out to be virtually just the same as the lunchtime menu - if we were staying again we wouldn't have both lunch and evening meal we'd just choose one of them as the choice lacked variety. Barman was lovely, breakfast waitress was friendly and efficient. Bed was a little hard and pillows too soft for my liking, but that's I suppose just personal preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beneath the rugged fells of Troutbeck Valley, just outside Windermere and Ambleside in the English Lake District, lies The Mortal Man. An established traditional Lake District Inn since 1689, it resides over the wonderous panoramic views of Lakeland mountains that have captivated the great minds through the centuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Mortal Man reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mortal Man Hotel Troutbeck
- The Mortal Man Troutbeck, Lake District