enjoyed our stay here, old hotel so a bit basic, our bathroom door would not pull shut and the shower curtain did not go right around. Brilliant beer garden with outstanding views, fantastic on a lovely day. Had a nice meal but thought it was strange that you had to go to the bar for your drinks and coffee, staff were very friendly though. Breakfast had lots of choice and was very nice. Such a beautiful little town in part of the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beneath the rugged fells of Troutbeck Valley, just outside Windermere and Ambleside in the English Lake District, lies The Mortal Man. An established traditional Lake District Inn since 1689, it resides over the wonderous panoramic views of Lakeland mountains that have captivated the great minds through the centuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Mortal Man reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mortal Man Hotel Troutbeck
- The Mortal Man Troutbeck, Lake District