“A fantastic one night stay in luxurious surroundings”

and 1 more site!
Broadoaks Country House
Ranked #1 of 4 Troutbeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed in one of the lodges at the bottom of the garden. The views were fantastic, the lodge itself was beautifully appointed; it was warm, and welcoming. Everything was provided, robes and slippers included. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up. The bedding and towels were immaculate. The main building is absolutely beautiful, full of character. The staff were wonderful; they could not do enough for us and our dog and made us feel most welcome. The evening meal was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented and served. Breakfast was a treat to behold. The breakfast table setting with its beautifully mis-matched china (should you wish to take a china cup & saucer to them they promise to use it & donate £1 to charity) was a sight to behold. I would highly recommend Broadoaks County house to one and all.

There are newer reviews for Broadoaks Country House

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from the best weekend break ever, this Hotel is out of this world. The owners have managed that very difficult task of making you feel 100% at home yet impress with the sheer quality and luxury of every aspect of the hotel. If I ever win the lottery I will move in and stay forever. I can't put into words how impressed I am by the staff, the level of service is outstanding, they are friendly, courteous and cant do enough for you.
The food was out of this world, traditional British beautifully cooked and presented, breakfast was so good I didn't want to checkout.
One last word, if you visit be sure to check out the Music room, designed my William Morris, an architectural dream worthy of any design museum.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one of the Lodges, there are three separate from the hotel but only a minutes walk...
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Me and my wife stayed the weekend 15th march. Simply brilliant hotel stunning location, very comfortable beds service is impeccable, and the food was amazing top quality, I cannot fault this place in any way.I recommend this 100%

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I went to a friends 50th party at this beautiful hotel.....we were greeted when we arrived by the very friendly staff who throughout the afternoon and evening were professional and attentive. We stayed in the main house which had such a homely feel with the log fires burning, enjoyed a drink in the bar before going up to our room called Ash.....wow amazing deep free standing bath with bergamot and orange smelling toiletries sooooo relaxing,spotlessly clean with a view to die for (you could see windermere too) and the bed was so comfortable when we actually got into it after a great night! We dined in the orangery and had a three course meal could not fault the food in taste, presentation and the serving of it all...............great breakfast too one of the best I have had ...I could go on, can't wait to go there again and would love to stay in the new lodges in the grounds.....if you read this review then I can honestly say this hotel is well worth a visit as its in an ideal location to visit lots of the lakes and will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Had a look at the new lodges in the grounds and are great if you have children and pet or just want...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Not sure where to start, as we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day break.
We had afternoon tea on arrival, worth noting if you take a china cup & saucer they promise to use it & donate £1 to charity. I don't eat wheat so only asked for decaff coffee, when it arrived it came with a selection of gluten free cakes:)
We ate evening meal both nights and it was delicious, all local produce.
Breakfast was just as nice, buffet followed by a choice of cooked.
I think we went home twice our body weight!
We stayed in The Rowan suite, which was large & airy. It had furniture which was in keeping with the oldy worldy theme plus a jacuzzi bath. Also worth noting Tempur mattress, boy did I sleep well.
The main house is beautiful with a bar and a music room. 50s music played quietly in the background and was a nice touch, real fires throughout which added to the atmosphere. The grounds where lovely for strolling around and we even had a swing lol.
Staff - all staff were friendly, approachable and always available to chat. Nothing was too much trouble. You could pick someone who had given exceptional customer service and they would be given £100, we couldn't fill this in as each member deserved it:) I cannot compliment the hotel or the staff enough:)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We went here for my birthday and had the afternoon tea which was very good! We used my tastecard which gives 50% off! The tea was huge! They said we could take anything home with us if we couldnt manage it all which was good.

Well recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisajon
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Enjoyed our night at Broadoaks ,all the staff we met were professional and could not have been more pleasant, even to calling our small dog by his name. The evening meal was also a good experience with good food and a reasonably priced bottle of wine. Our only niggle was that the dining tables are too small, with all the cutlery, glasses, condiments,flowers etc. there was hardly room to put the plates down.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutbeck
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
Briery Wood Country House Hotel
Cragwood Country House Hotel
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa

Been to Broadoaks Country House? Share your experiences!