“Lovely Romantic Hideaway ”

Broadoaks Country House
Ranked #1 of 4 Troutbeck B&B and Inns
“Lovely Romantic Hideaway ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have enjoyed a two night stay at Broadoakes as a special break before we emigrate to Australia.

We stayed in Rippledean Garden Suite and was amazing! From the comfy snuggly day bed to the jacuzzi bath which you could watch tv!!

The food was outstanding and delicious!

All the staff are friendly and welcoming and offered a five star service.

We will recommend all our friends and family.

Never say never we may be back one day!!

Becky & Steve

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just enjoyed a lovely overnight stay at this gorgeous hotel.

I booked it through Wowcher, and included in the rate of £169 was cream tea, dinner, bed and breakfast. I upgraded to a room from the Romantic Collection, and we were given the Ash room, at the front of the house.

The room was immaculate and extremely well-presented. There was a range of complementary products, such as shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath. There were also complimentary dressing gowns! All the staff were attentive and courteous and everything was to an exceptionally high standard.

The evening meal was first rate. We enjoyed drinks and canapés in the Music Room, and were then served a delightful 3-course meal by extremely polite staff.

The breakfast was equally delicious, with an excellent range of dishes including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. There is also a buffet selection of cereals, yogurts and a range of fruit juices.

The location is brilliant if you wish to visit nearby Windermere. We also took advantage of free access to the swimming pool and gym at the Macdonald Hotel, which was very enjoyable.

All in all, a fantastic stay to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We'd love to stay again!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SammyBee87
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I spent two glorious days in this lovely place, slept in a four poster bed in total luxury, with an en-suite jacuzzi/bath/shower in my own private, shared, chalet with spectacular views all around.
The food was excellent with a fabulous choice of menu, home made marmalade and jam at breakfast, nothing was spared. Four course, gourmet, evening meal, starting with canapes in the beautiful pannelled music room, then on to the lovely dining area to eat the rest ! The staff are warm and welcoming and every need is catered to.
A very romantic place to spend a cosy getaway, set in beautiful gardens. For those who love to walk and explore, exceptional country side all around. A trip down into Bowness, a quaint little town about 20 minutes away, will take you down to Lake Windermere .All in all,a fabulous trip! Hoping to return very soon

Room Tip: As far as I know all the rooms are gorgeous, with different themes throughout.Very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had a one night stay at this amazing hotel and loved just about everything about it. Our room decor was beautiful and my husband and I had the best nights sleep ever as the mattress was so comfortable and we weren't disturbed by any noise couldn't believe it was so quiet even though there were lots of other guests staying. The food was excellent with lots of choices at dinner - can't praise the chef enough it was delicious. Breakfast kept us going all day certainly didn't want any lunch and the Cream Tea on arrival in the Orangery was delightful.

The hotel staff were all really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Will definitely be returning and would highly recommend it to other people. Thank you Broadoaks.

Room Tip: We had the Maple Room which was very quiet.
Langholm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Myself and my husband had a lovely stay at the Broadoaks Hotel; very relaxing atmosphere with friendly service. Loved the decor in this hotel, with great touches in the rooms such as homemade biscuits and chocolates, good quality toiletries etc.
However there was a few things lacking for a 5 star - no full length mirror, 3 mirrors in the room but all high on the wall, in fact if you sat at the dressing table you couldn't see in the mirror but the light bulbs in the overhead lights and the lamps were such a low wattage I couldn't see to get ready anyway, had to put make up on etc. in the bathroom. Struggled to read by the lamp.
Only had a quilt, could have done with a top sheet, throw etc. as the heating for the room cannot be adjusted by the guest.
The food was delicious, enjoyed a delicious cream tea on arrival, a good menu for the evening meal and breakfast. The waiters were very attentive. I'm a vegetarian so was disappointed that the canapes all contained meat or fish, not inclusive, my husband had to eat them all!
I would recommend this hotel as the plus points far outweigh the small issues. Hope this helps!

2 Thank slowroast3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Broadoaks for my fiancés birthday and we had an amazing, relaxing time. The food was beautiful, the service excellent and the place just makes you feel so relaxed. We stayed in one of the new lodges which was lovely, spacious, with a Moroccan style window bed looking out onto the woods, you can hear the river nearby. We're getting married at Broadoaks in August and we can't recommend this place enough, it's romantic, old world meets modern luxury. We saw a lot of the rooms when we booked the wedding and they all have their own character and are of the highest standard, most with jacuzzi baths. The duck island bath products are a favourite of mine now! Try calling the hotel direct for the best offers and enjoy!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Celebrated my partners Birthday in March and combined it with a proposal which made her my Fiancée! This beautiful Country House is superb in every way, located near Windermere but secluded enough to ensure an intimate environment and I can highly recommend the Boudoir Master Suite which is simply perfect with a gorgeous four poster bed and open fire. The food is arguably the best I've ever had and the service is exceptional without being intrusive which included a Birthday message within the desert presentation. I've stayed in many places in the idyllic Lake District and this one is without doubt the best. It was the most romantic setting I could have hoped for and the perfect setting to ask the love of my life to marry me. If your staying in the Lake's, Broadoaks is a must!

Room Tip: Master Suites are worth the extra expenditure.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutbeck
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Cragwood Country House Hotel
#2 of 20 in Windermere
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa

Been to Broadoaks Country House? Share your experiences!