“Wedding may 2014”

Ranked #1 of 4 Troutbeck B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Wedding may 2014”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Attended a wedding at the venue for the first time. It was an amazing wedding made even more special by the gorgeous grounds. The staff were fantastic and the food was stunning. This place is fantastic for anyone looking for a wedding venue. Will be back and next time I will stay overnight in the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at Broadoaks for my nephews wedding. The wedding party took over the whole hotel and everyone seemed to enjoy a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The food was good and the staff pleasant and friendly. My room ( Rowan) was clean and comfortable but dark.
The television did not work, soon sorted out by maintenance but unfortunately stopped working again soon after, a minor problem as the beautiful gardens, views and lovely sunny weather and fresh air far better than TV. Overall had a lovely time at Broadoaks with family and friends and a beautiful bride and her handsome groom.
There are one or 2 points I would like to make however.
1) a hand rail on srairs leading to the bathroom (Rowan and Yew)
2) a grab rail for assistance into and out of the bath would be usefull
3) an eluminous strip of some sort showing where the steps are.
I am sure these will be apprieated by guests especially those with mobility or eyesight problems and help to avoid accidents in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marie N
York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our daughter and fiance were married at Broadoaks yesterday, and the whole day was perfect. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens with amazing views towards Lake Windermere and surrounding countryside. We had exclusive use of the hotel, and the day was perfect. The sun shone all day but had no chance of eclipsing the happiness of our daughter and husband.
Everything was spot on. All our guests that stayed over were pleased with their rooms, and everyone said the the food was superb. The staff were brilliant, helpful but not intrusive.
The rooms are all different, and very comfortable.
I am sure that some of our guests will quite probably be making a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Cath B
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed at Broadoaks for a friend's wedding and have totally fallen in love with the place. The wedding party took over the whole hotel so it had a really intimate, family atmosphere. The food was fabulous and my room (Maple) was gorgeous and comfortable. The whirlpool bath was a bonus too.
There is a great view of the lake through the hills from the front of the hotel and I thoroughly recommend having a go on the swing on the front lawn - it's big enough for two.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahP138
UK
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Held my 50th birthday celebration at Broadoaks and I can assure you it was a brilliant decision. You can hire the whole hotel for all of your guests and therefore you can have an exclusive do. Vikki helped me organise the party from seating plans, food choices and timings. All effortless with her help. The staff are one of the reasons you would have your party at Broadoaks. They are very professional and nothing is too much trouble. We started with welcome drinks and once everyone had checked into their rooms we all met in the Music room with a lovely log fire for drinks. We were then called through to our tables which were beautifully prepared and then we enjoyed a 3 course meal of great quality and service. After the meal we had a fantastic time dancing to my friend's prepared playlists. All equipment provided for the disco inclusing lights, PA system and speakers etc.
After the disco we then retired to the Music room for a cheese platter and Port.
Next day we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the Orangerie.
All my 40 guests made a comment about the high standard of the rooms and service. So if you need any persuading about booking your wedding / party / celebration do not hesitate it was a weekend I will never forget. Thank you Broadoaks

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris13Uk
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have enjoyed a two night stay at Broadoakes as a special break before we emigrate to Australia.

We stayed in Rippledean Garden Suite and was amazing! From the comfy snuggly day bed to the jacuzzi bath which you could watch tv!!

The food was outstanding and delicious!

All the staff are friendly and welcoming and offered a five star service.

We will recommend all our friends and family.

Never say never we may be back one day!!

Becky & Steve

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca V
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just enjoyed a lovely overnight stay at this gorgeous hotel.

I booked it through Wowcher, and included in the rate of £169 was cream tea, dinner, bed and breakfast. I upgraded to a room from the Romantic Collection, and we were given the Ash room, at the front of the house.

The room was immaculate and extremely well-presented. There was a range of complementary products, such as shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath. There were also complimentary dressing gowns! All the staff were attentive and courteous and everything was to an exceptionally high standard.

The evening meal was first rate. We enjoyed drinks and canapés in the Music Room, and were then served a delightful 3-course meal by extremely polite staff.

The breakfast was equally delicious, with an excellent range of dishes including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. There is also a buffet selection of cereals, yogurts and a range of fruit juices.

The location is brilliant if you wish to visit nearby Windermere. We also took advantage of free access to the swimming pool and gym at the Macdonald Hotel, which was very enjoyable.

All in all, a fantastic stay to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We'd love to stay again!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SammyBee87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutbeck
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Cragwood Country House Hotel
#2 of 20 in Windermere
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa

Been to Broadoaks Country House? Share your experiences!