“AMAZING!!!!”

Broadoaks Country House
Ranked #2 of 4 Troutbeck B&B and Inns
“AMAZING!!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband booked this place for our third year anniversary, We received a phone call from the hotel owner Tracy the day before we were due to arrive telling us that the private lodge that we had booked in the gardens had a broken boiler we were very disappointed however to compensate we were booked into the top coach house, afternoon tea upgraded to afternoon lunch, a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates in the room such a massive effort was made to make our stay special, ALL the staff were amazing the place itself is absolutely stunning the grounds and view all beautiful, we ate in the resturant and all I can say is WOW we felt like royalty it was spectacular the food was fantastic, drinks were a little over priced but who cares we could not find fault at all we will be returning regularly now we have found our hidden gem!! I must say it's all the personal touches that count and there was many Thank you to everyone at Broadoak for making our anniversary so special

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
cheshire, uk
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing venue
Amazing food
Amazing staff
We have just spent a wonderful night at Broadoaks. We would recommend this hidden gem.
We stayed in a garden lodge which was fab. Lots of super touches, fantastically clean.
Canapés & champagne on the lawn were devine. The dining room staff were delightful. The four course meal was a beyond delicious, cheeky palate cleansing pink champagne sorbets, each course was scrumptious.
We didn't want to leave, and we can't wait to go back.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank michelle b
Reviewed 20 July 2014

VIP service all the way it was my birthday and they made me feel great . nothing was too much trouble and they where so good. rooms are nice food it fantastic and the location is beautiful

Well worth it , we went in December and it was great . well recommended

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex T
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a lovely stay here for a wedding we attended. Couldn't fault the hotel and the staff were very friendly. However as we are retired publicans I was a little disappointed with the bar prices. I know you normally pay more in hotels but this was a bit ridiculous. Between £6 and £7.50 for a glass of wine! What really annoyed me was the mixers for the spirits. These were the 2 litre plastic bottles you buy from any supermarket charging £1 for a glass. The bottles weren't even in a fridge they were just on the back of the bar going warm and flat. This to me was shameful.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sheila W
merseyside
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Pristinely kept hotel and gardens, the staff couldn't do enough to make everything just perfect..
Afternoon tea in the garden, and an amazing meal in the evening, the food was exceptional as was the service.
They were all very friendly to our dog, which is nice and helps everybody relax, they even included some treats of his own.
Its a great location to start a walk from, the car did not move all weekend.
This is a cracking hotel in a beautiful location and well worth a visit, I will be coming back.

1 Thank andy269
Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Yes I must confess that we were very impressed with this hotel, It seems that all the bedrooms are individually styled (and named)The hotel is in a beautiful setting, with wonderful manicured gardens. So love the way that the lower trunk of a large fallen tree has been integrated.The staff were all courteous and efficient, and ran the event (wedding) very well. A short stay but memorable.

Room Tip: The rear rooms of the hotel would be quieter, the front ones are above reception and bar.
Northumberland
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at Broadoaks for my fiancées birthday at the start of June.

He's never been to the lakes before and I wanted somewhere really special for his first visit.

Staff were so friendly - even calling my mobile to see if we were alright after we were later arriving than I said we would be!

Our room was perfect. Four poster bed was super comfy and our bathroom was amazing! Jacuzzi bath with a touchscreen tv on the wall.

We had drinks before dinner in the small bar and it was lovely to chat to other guests who had a cute little dog! (One of the things I loved when looking online was the provisions for furry friends!)

Dinner was delicious and service great. Restaurant manager was really chatty and had a good chat with my fiancée who is also a restaurant manager.

Breakfast was perfect in the orangery. Couldn't fault it!

We didn't want to leave!! Well definitely be back later in the year!

Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutbeck
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
#2 of 20 in Windermere
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Broadoaks Country House? Share your experiences!