“Great Karting”

West Coast Indoor Karting
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was watching others Karting but they all said they had a great time & it certainly looked like they did, guy running it was nice & friendly. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

we went without booking and my boys were let on with another group they loved it defo will be coming back next year

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We visited WCIK last week as a group. There were nine of us, ranging in age from eight to 48. Although there is only one track they can re-configure it so that it's a little smaller, and since we had a couple of under 16's in the group that's what they did. A bit of a shame really, because I don't really understand how it would be any more dangerous on the full track and it would certainly be a lot more fun.

The karts are OK ... pretty much par for the course for indoor karting and the circuit itself is also OK. The karts aren't very fast, but they're fast enough to have fun without any danger of people getting hurt. The facility (building) is a little tatty, and could do with being cleaned up a little.

The cost was £18 for adults and £15 for kids for 25 minutes, which seemed a little steep to me. It seemed a little more steep when it became clear that the briefing at the start was included in the 25 minutes, so it probably worked out as about 20 minutes of actual racing time.

Overall, I would rate WCIK as a good place to spend half an hour with the kids (over eight years). If you're a family, you're going to be dropping £66 (two adults/two kids) so it's not cheap, but it is fun.

westcoastkarts, Manager at West Coast Indoor Karting, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Hi there thank you fo your review we take on board all your comments. We welcome all consructive critisim to help us grow as a business. Just to clarify on some of your comments, we do try to keep our costs as low as we can, but we are one of the cheapest karting tracks in the country and you get alot more track time for your money (25 minutes is ample racing time for children) The 25 minutes does not start until the karts start moving, the briefing is not included in the 25 minutes. The karts are ample fast enough for under 16's. The faster karts on the full/faster parts of the track would not be safe for inexperienced drivers, and safety comes first. We have been in business over 20 years and have a lot of experience. We have to cater for all abilities and we do not want anyone getting hurt. We are currently working on a fleet of racing karts for ages 12-15 that may possibly be used on the full track but would involve some kind of training schoool to ensure safety! Details still to be confirmed, we hope you might come back and when the children are a little older to try this out!! Thanks again for your review

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I live in Maryport but had never been to WCIK. So when my son was due to turn 10 I arranged for him to have a surprise birthday treat there. The staff were efficent in getting back to my phone messages. They arranged my sons personalised trophy which is of excellant quality. LOVE IT! When we arrived the staff were busy with other guests but did try to keep my group of excited young boys in check and where they were supposed to be. The track is massive but the boys only drove round half of it which was fine because they still had plenty to go round... plus us parents managed to take plenty of blurred photos.... I am pleased my best friends husband is a photographer because we managed to get some fab pics from him. After the race (which they all argued they had won) we went into the room at the back... with a pool table and we enjoyed some delicious (previously ordered) pizza. My son and all his friends had a fantastic time... and they all looked fab in their little race suits.
WCIK has a seating area for spectators which was useful, you walk over a big metal bridge so again have plenty of oppurtunties for photos. There is some vending machines for spectators too... my 5 year old daughter made use of the ice cream one. She enjoyed watching her big brother. I didnt find this too expensive considering I had 7 boys racing for 30 mins, 3 pizzas and a fantastic trophy...each racer is also given a medal as a reminder of the day... which is again of fab quality.
I would definitely go back!

2  Thank clareb82
westcoastkarts, Manager at West Coast Indoor Karting, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Hi thank you for leaving us such a great review! really pleased your party was a success! nice to hear you were happy with everything! if you havent already please like our facebook page we often have offers on and it would be great if you could get some of those photos (blurred or not!) and post them on to our page!! Thanks again for visiing us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

This attraction at Maryport is one for the teens! The track has a few twist and turns in a indoor warehouse. It costs £14 per half an hour, per person. This includes the all in one to wear, the helmet and neck brace and of course the go kart! Overall, it is a good place to go with teens for a party or for the family. Always book in advance though! Any questions plz comment!

2  Thank SmileyFaceAlways

Hi thank you for leaving us a review! The price for under 16's is £15 each, was it a while ago you visited us? come and see us again if you get a chance we have twin engine karts now! they are amazingly fast! thanks again for your review!