“Great cafe”

Clip 'n Climb Maryport
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Maryport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Aberdeen
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Didn't go on the climbing wall but my wife and I visited the cafe. It is a real gem - good food (slightly limited choice- burgers, scones etc when we visited) but excellent service and a great price.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Martin_Doc

Cumbria
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“My son is 'hooked'”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The teachers from my sons school took the 'leaving' pupils as a treat.My son has raved about it ever since,he loved it.He wants to go all the time! Well done Maryport ! Very Impressed that something has engaged my son with such passion :-)

2 Thank Amigolovelyhair
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't book the party package”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My daughter and her friend had a fantastic party. Staff were amazing and food was great. Unfortunately I then realised we had been charged an extra £2 per child by booking the party package. We could have had exactly the same for £11 per child if we had booked the food party package for £3 per child and then the climb for £8. Management are aware but not forthcoming in explaining why you are charged an extra £2 when you book the package. Real shame as everything else was fab x

1 Thank leabing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic party venue”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My daughter and her friend recently shared their party at clip n' climb. The service from beginning to end was absolutely superb. The staff were extremely professional and helpful.
The children had a fantastic climbing session (from ages 4-7) and the best quality party food I have seen locally.
Super value for money - I would wholly recommend a visit or party there.
I have put wheelchair access as the viewing platform is suitable for access.

2 Thank localcamp
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What an absolute ripoff”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Having waited with eager expectation for the new climbing facility in Maryport, I can only say that massive disappointment does not go far enough to describe my feelings. Having visited and climbed at many of the indoor climbing walls in the Uk and some abroad, I feel that the badly needed addition of a top class wall for West Cumbrian climbers has once again not been offered. The only half decent local one being in Keswick. This fun based, clip 'n' climb facility is not in any way an actual climbing centre, granted, so why have Leo Houlding, one of the top climbers around to open it.
I also feel sorry for locals and tourists who may not know how much they are being ripped off in admission fees. Top class climbing centres only charge £6.00 to £8.00 to climb for as long as you wish on the day you visit. Maryport clip 'n' climb at £13.00 for just one and a half hours, - the first half hour of which is for safety briefing etc -giving just one hour for climbing is nothing short of scandalous. What an absolute ripoff!!

Visited June 2013