“Something a bit different” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moresby Hall

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Moresby Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Moresby B&B and Inns
Runcorn
“Something a bit different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at here for business reasons and was very impressed. Moresby hall is a beautiful and fascinating very old building that is full of character and charm. A roaring fire and lovely Christmas tree and decorations made a very nice welcome. I had not appreciated when requesting the booking here that evening meals are not routinely available, although could have been on request, but the location means that there are plenty of places nearby to eat. I can however confirm that the breakfast was fabulous! My room was large with what appeared to be a very complicated modern shower, which thankfully turned out to be easy to use and very effective. Nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly owners and I will definitely be back for leisure purposes instead of business.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MoresbyHall, Owner at Moresby Hall, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Its always lovely to know that our corporate guests feel so at home, especially when travelling as a sole guest. Many of our business guests return time and time again because they tell us they feel Moresby Hall has a special ambience - sometimes that can be lacking in more modern or impersonal hotels. We hope you will choose to visit on a future occasion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Evesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed with David & Jane for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year 2013 and cannot fault the welcome and hospitality we received.
There was a raging coal fire in the grate to warm us after our long journey, and complimentary champagne as they were unable to cater for us in the evenings due to a wedding. Jane even lent me a pair of her gloves as I was unable to find mine, for a climb up Scafell Pike.
We had packed lunches made by Jane for our climb. They were delicious and plentiful.
Nothing was too much trouble: they booked us taxis for our evenings out & their recommendations of other restaurants were fantastic.

Room Tip: We only saw one room ( La Meschin) which was beautiful, but has a shower not a bath. Make sure befor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

A wonderful stay and wonderful hospitality. Absolutely astounded when I came to write this review that anyone found it anything less than 5 star. It made our lovely weekend be a little bit more special. The room was outstanding, the breakfast was delicious and the coal fire to welcome us was the icing on the cake. Many thanks!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
cumbrian in cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Silver wedding celebrations for my wonderful brother and wife were held at the Moresby Hall on the 14th of September. Greeted by champagne or fresh orange on arrival, David, Jane and the wonderful staff were attentive during the afternoon and early evening. Supplying the celebratory drinks in abundance while we chatted and relaxed in the lounge . Dinner was served early evening in the DeMillom dining room, excellent service for twenty something guests. I chose potato cakes to start with nice crispy top very tasty. Caramelised Onion & Asparagus tart next with veg, followed by Chocolate Torte with mint chocolate chip ice cream.Delicious, David, Jane and staff asked if any one would like extra roast potatoes or veg, wine was topped up frequently. The happy couple were very lucky to be staying at the Moresby Hall that evening and reported the next day what a wonderful room they had, I would love to give my opinion on the room .. maybe some other time. Sadly they missed breakfast... probably the celebratory wine. Thank you David and Jane, will be booking for dinner soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked Moresby Hall to form part of my recent proposal weekend and I'm glad I did. The service I received prior to the stay from Jane was invaluable (advice on the best local restaurants and information on the lakes), and this great service continued into our stay there.

We stayed in Le Meschin which is one of the larger rooms on the top floor. It was spacious and comfortable with a great four poster bed, views over the sea and a fantastic ensuite - the shower was great! Jane had arranged for some flowers in the room when we arrived which were lovely, and an ice bucket and glasses for the champagne. For those that care there was a large flat screen TV in the room and also a smaller one in the bathroom.

Breakfast was great in the morning with the mandatory full English, juices, cereals and fresh fruit and yoghurts. It set us up for the day and we left very happy with the whole experience. I would fully recommend Moresby Hall to anyone wanting a stay in beautiful old building near the coast.

Room Tip: Le Meschin is the room to stay in for all the reasons listed above
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

What a splendid old hall staring at the landscape through the centuries. You get an instant connection with history as you walk through the door and see magnificent fireplaces and the oak staircase of all oak staircases. A 'Robert Thompson' of Wigton long case clock ticks away in the corner, just breaking the silence in the old hall. So, wrapped up in ambience you are shown to your room by Jane, a very caring host. David is somewhere in the background, probably fixing something that needs fixing. On the way up the grand staircase you just can't help but touch the wood, touched by so many over the centuries. Interesting items of furniture present themselves all over this house and also watercolours, drawings and oil paintings that stop you for further investigation. I stayed in Pekerige, a graceful five star room with everything you could want or need in terms of comfort. We were three cyclists about to begin the coast to coast cycle ride from Whitehaven to Tynemouth. Our first concern is always the security of our bicycles and Jane allowed us to use the 'Orangerie' to leave them overnight. This gives you peace of mind and allows you to get on with the experience of the accommodation. Bicycles out of the way, a shower and change and then an ice cold 'Peroni', and conversation with the other guests. Dinner was excellent, with a main course and a dessert made from quality ingredients. So, after a comfortable night and a great breakfast we were sad to leave, especially as 150 gruelling miles lay ahead, and the weather looked bleak. So, full marks to Moresby Hall. This was my second visit, having cycled from Whitehaven to Whitby eight years before. If I return for a third coast to coast from Whitehaven I will definitely stay at Moresby Hall again, or I may just drive over for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Four posters available for couples
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I arrived late and without a booking. I could not have been made to feel more welcome. The room was spacious, had excellent wifi and a great bathroom. The breakfast was simply superb. In general this is the most impressive "b & b" I have ever stayed in. Would highly recommend and is very good value

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moresby
Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel
Seacote Hotel
Seacote Hotel
#3 of 3 in St Bees
The Corner House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Moresby Hall? Share your experiences!