My first time back in the Lakes in over 7 years having lived in Greendale for a while.
The Strands is a beautiful Hotel, well run by the owners Mark and Lesley. Very friendly, professional service, offering a genuinely warm welcome.
The rooms are very comfortable, well equipped, perfect for a good nights sleep.
The bars and restaurant offering a good range of beers and wines. Some even brewed in the Hotels own Micro- Brewery.
The menu offering a daily changing selection of excellently cooked food, sourced locally, including fresh fish and rare breed meats.
My first night I had the Salamis and Antipasta, including Wild Boar and Venison, to start, followed by the homemade pie and chips, perfect.
On my second night, to start, a selection of rustic Terrines accompanied by warm breads followed by a Sirloin Steak, cooked Blue, again excellent.
After a days walking on the fells, what more do you want?
Well done and thank you, a perfect stay....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strands Inn & Micro Brewery Mark and Lesley Corr welcome everybody to our Friendly Public Houses with Accommodation which we have been running the Strands Inn successfully since June 2006 with comfortable rooms serving full English breakfast. We are in the process of purchasing the Screes Inn since April 2017 hopefully contracts completed by May (watch this space) The Srcees Inn (From May 2017) Accommodation consists of 6 doubles 1 twin 2 family rooms The Strands Accommodation consists of 2 singles 8 doubles 4 twins and can be accommodating to turn a couple of their rooms into family rooms. We have public bars where we serve our own cask ales which we brew in our Micro Brewery, and we have large selection of Whiskeys and the amount of Gins are growing with the popularity which has been growing over the last couple of years We celebrate every year our Cask Ales with our Beer Festival which is just our Cask Ales on the following Weekend after the first May Bank Holiday. Which we started in 2007. We Serve food in several areas of the Strands Inn from 12 noon everyday until 9pm and on Sundays until 8pm Because our Free Fun Quiz Starts at 8:30pm on the Sunday. Dogs are welcome in our bars areas but, Sorry, we do not have any dogs stay in our bedrooms. The Screes Inn which is opposite our Strands Inn. the Bar will be open and we will be serving a different choice of food. Hope to see you soon Thank you Lesley and Mark Corr ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strands Hotel Nether Wasdale
- The Strands Inn & Strands Brewery Nether Wasdale, Cumbria